Green eyed monster when friends announce they are pregnant

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Does anyone else get jealous ??? My friend is pregnant with no 2 and at first was really exicited now I feel upset and jealous.

I had just come round to accepting that feb is the earliest H will agreed to ttc and that really its not that far away got a hol to Mexico in Nov, a house to finish decorating and lots of money to save for whenever it gets tight/baby stuff

now I just want it to be me :hissy::hissy:

Is this normal or am I being unreasonable ???

I get jealous too, i think its natural,
sometimes i feel bad but when i mentioned to one of my friends that was pregnant she said she was jealous when i was pregnant.
:hugs:

thanks

It has taken me so long to accept things the way they are I have taken steps back again to wanting a baby now just because someone else is pregnant - its really stupid

I think its only natural. I can remember when my sister announced she was pregnant (here baby was born in may) Altho I was really happy for her, I did get a bt jealous even tho I didn't want a baby at the time! lol

it is natural.....

hopefully your wtt time will go by quickly though....:hugs:

Yup - it seems like everyone's breeding except me!
I'm jealous as hell of my friend who is pregnant and wishes it could have waited for another year...

i think some people really get lucky sometimes...

my friend had a baby yesterday, and although i am happy for her....i was so envious as well.....:hissy:

I think it's completely natural to be jealous i know i certainly am! And not just of friends, of complete strangers who happen to be pregnant or have babies. I hate it, it makes me feel so bad :(

i think everyone whos wtt feels like that. my next door neighbour is pregnant and due a week after iw as and i envy her so much. infact i hate her jsut because shes got her baby still and i havent.

doesnt help that shes still smoking too really narks me off as she should realise just how precious her baby is and stop. x

Does anyone else get jealous ??? My friend is pregnant with no 2 and at first was really exicited now I feel upset and jealous.

I had just come round to accepting that feb is the earliest H will agreed to ttc and that really its not that far away got a hol to Mexico in Nov, a house to finish decorating and lots of money to save for whenever it gets tight/baby stuff

now I just want it to be me :hissy::hissy:

Is this normal or am I being unreasonable ???

nooo im just the same. and like Katy says, i'm even envious of people i don't know!
Just on this site, if i see someone who's ticker says their edd date is the same as mine if i hadnt of miscarried, i get a bit sad.
Our time will all come though. I know its hard to wait but you know what they say!! Good things come to those who wait. haha. cheeeesy
xx

I feel your pain hun. :hug:

To be quite honest with you, I have almost turned bitter. Deep down inside, it feels like it's a little more than jealousy. I am surrounded by pregnant people at my work. We have 50+ families (i work for a daycare. i look after everyone elses babies) and most of those families have either just had a newborn, or are ready to pop at any moment.

One of my coworkers is due just two weeks before my baby was due. It hurts so much (as much as i love her) to see her huge belly, knowing that mine is now empty. :hissy:

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) todteach i feel the same as you. must be hard working in such a big day care centre. i'm sure your day will come though hunni!

its hard isnt it seeing someone you love so much being pregnant when your not and its much harder when they are due the same time as you. i try and avoid my next door neighbours as much as possible as i just can't bear to see them happy! x

:hug: to you too, and everyone else here. You're all in my thoughts.

:hug: to all of you that have lost babies and find it hard to see others with kids or being pregnant it must be so hard :hugs:

And you know it's not like these people are even aware that we are feeling this way. And by no means is it their fault or ours that we're feeling this way. My husband says that he wishes he could say something to make all the pain go away. And you know? I wish he could too. Time is the best healer, I guess (so i've been told).

I remember saying that I hated being pregnant. Isn't that a terrible thing to say? But i didn't really hate being pregnant, i hated the morning sickness, and migraines that i was having. Now I would give anything to have that back. People don't realize that unless they have actually been through this themselves. I'm sending everyone huge :hug: today. Let's all be pregnant really soon. Fingers crossed.

It's natural to feel that way. I hope your time in WTT goes by quickly!

And you know it's not like these people are even aware that we are feeling this way. And by no means is it their fault or ours that we're feeling this way. My husband says that he wishes he could say something to make all the pain go away. And you know? I wish he could too. Time is the best healer, I guess (so i've been told).

I remember saying that I hated being pregnant. Isn't that a terrible thing to say? But i didn't really hate being pregnant, i hated the morning sickness, and migraines that i was having. Now I would give anything to have that back. People don't realize that unless they have actually been through this themselves. I'm sending everyone huge :hug: today. Let's all be pregnant really soon. Fingers crossed.

One of the girls at work lost her baby one month before her due date in Jan and has just come back to work - she is finding it so hard - our office is full of baby talk as manager is pregnant and another girl is having an egg donor which can't help, she is trying again for another baby so I try and understand her feelings

I don't know how you could even get over something like that - I am not a very strong person emotionally and think it would kill me - she is appearing brave on the outside though I know she is not ok really

:hug:

(huge to hugs to you all).

Please dont shout at me as I am hopeless with words and mean no offence. but being on the oppposite side It hurts us too.

I was pregnant with Aly and had some woman walk up to me in town one day ( Ray still lived in Sheffoield and I just left him at the train station) anyway I never met her before and she walks up and asks wen i was due next thiung she said I didnt deserve my baby as she wasnt planned and she had been trying for a few months.

So i told her i ws sorry about that but it wasnt my fault and tho my baby wasnt planned as soon as we got our bfp she was very much wanted.

again im really not wanting to upset anyone and sorry if i do i really am cr*p at wording things.

xx

awww :hug:

That's a terrible thing for that woman to say to you. It's none of her d*mn business. She is a complete stranger. I'm so sorry that she offended you.

I know that it is hard being pregnant, when others around you have recently lost. I can't even imagine how on of my coworker (who is due 2 weeks before I was) feels when she is around me. We don't really bring it up. I remember when I had the miscarriage, I was truly concerned about her and the way that she felt. When I was emotionally able to come to the phone, I told my supervisor to give her a big hug.

When I returned to work a week after my loss, she just looked at me with sad eyes. I grabbbed her for a hug and we both started crying, I needed her to know that I still care very much for her. I don't want things to be awkward with me when I'm around anyone who is pregnant, but it really is. And really there is no way to avoid this. Especially when I work at a daycare with lots (and I mean lots) of families that are currently pregnant or just had their babies. Even our staff are pregnant too! We can't live in a bubble for the rest of our lives.

When one of our daycare parent's brought in their new little boy, I had to leave the room, so I would not to cry infront of them. I just wish that I was still pregnant too. It's a real empty feeling after you have had a loss. My next pregnancy will not be taken for granted. I never thought in a million years that this would happen to us. But, it did.

And hun, you have not offended anyone by telling us that, I can't believe that someone would actually approach you on the street to say that. My heart goes out to you.:hug:

ty hun.

I really hope you and the other girls on here ttc are lucky real soon and heaps of baby dust and glue to you all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->