green poo?

mommyaug09

Mommy to gorgeous Samet
Reaction score
my son had a green stool today but normally his stools are a mustard colour is this normal to have green stools he is 3 wks old and formula fed?

I think as they get older their poo goes more greeny. Keep an eye on it - it can sometimes mean a bit of diorreah (sp) on the way. As long as he's still drinking plenty and temp normal I wouldn't worry too much xx

I think it can also be a sign of colic or a poorly tum. My LO gets green bits when he's had a growth spurt.

I've known newborn poo to be chicken korma coloured (sorry if thats your fave) to a more greeney colour.

My MW said yellow poo for BF and green poo for FF? xx

green and yellow are both completely normal for FF baby. Hannah always had some of both :sick:

I agree with vicky....and i think they can end up more green if the formula has more iron in it too like SMA...as i think the its a way of getting rid of the excess iron in the body IYKWIM

xxx

Isnt green poo a sign of an upset tum? Or being constipated. Roman had this a while back and it was due to his milk. We changed him and it went back to being a mustard colour.

I've known newborn poo to be chicken korma coloured (sorry if thats your fave) to a more greeney colour.

OLO it was actually. Its my bday soon and DH offered to take me to our fave balti house, but i told him I yhink i've gone off chicken korma. :haha: x

yep - maia's poos have always been green - she's mostly ff - nestle good start. she is colcky though - just changed to enfamil - will let you know!!!

A

Isnt green poo a sign of an upset tum? Or being constipated. Roman had this a while back and it was due to his milk. We changed him and it went back to being a mustard colour.

I don't think so. As another said it's common for FF who are given an infant formula high in iron to have green poos.

Hannah never suffered any kind of upset stomach at all and always had yellow and green poos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->