green poo?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by mommyaug09, Aug 27, 2009.

1. mommyaug09

mommyaug09 Mommy to gorgeous Samet

my son had a green stool today but normally his stools are a mustard colour is this normal to have green stools he is 3 wks old and formula fed?

2. bibswy

bibswy MUMMY OF 2!

I think as they get older their poo goes more greeny. Keep an eye on it - it can sometimes mean a bit of diorreah (sp) on the way. As long as he's still drinking plenty and temp normal I wouldn't worry too much xx

3. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

I think it can also be a sign of colic or a poorly tum. My LO gets green bits when he's had a growth spurt.

4. Tilly

Tilly Guest

I've known newborn poo to be chicken korma coloured (sorry if thats your fave) to a more greeney colour.

5. Babydance

Babydance Well-Known Member

My MW said yellow poo for BF and green poo for FF? xx

6. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

green and yellow are both completely normal for FF baby. Hannah always had some of both :sick:

7. penguin77

penguin77 Pround mummy of 2 :-)

I agree with vicky....and i think they can end up more green if the formula has more iron in it too like SMA...as i think the its a way of getting rid of the excess iron in the body IYKWIM

xxx

8. hexyewdancer

hexyewdancer Mummy to Roman

Isnt green poo a sign of an upset tum? Or being constipated. Roman had this a while back and it was due to his milk. We changed him and it went back to being a mustard colour.

9. mommyaug09

mommyaug09 Mommy to gorgeous Samet

OLO it was actually. Its my bday soon and DH offered to take me to our fave balti house, but i told him I yhink i've gone off chicken korma. :haha: x

10. adzuki

adzuki Mom to Miss M.

yep - maia's poos have always been green - she's mostly ff - nestle good start. she is colcky though - just changed to enfamil - will let you know!!!

A

11. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I don't think so. As another said it's common for FF who are given an infant formula high in iron to have green poos.

Hannah never suffered any kind of upset stomach at all and always had yellow and green poos.