• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Green tea - Safe?

rosababy

Mom to 1
Reaction score
So, I've been ttc for 9 cycles now, and for a few of them, I've been drinking a cup of green tea every night. At first, I found that it helped with making more ewcm, but the last few cycles, I haven't noticed a big difference in that.

However, now, I'm reading that it can absorb the folic acid. WHA?! Has anyone else read of heard about this?? Should we NOT be drinking green tea???? :help:

I've not heard that? And I've read lots about Green Tea... But I do take pre-nat vitamins and once I find out I'm prego, I would prob cut back on any caffeinated drinks. Although a little each day is said to be OK. I'd still continue the vitamins.

I'm sure all is OK girl. I drink a cup daily as well... and it has other good stuff in it.

All in moderation I would presume... such is life ;) Best of luck!

Hi

I don't know the answer to this but I hope it is good for us as I too drink it every day generally. Can't say I've noticed a difference in my EWCM (I'm trying grapefruit juice this month) but I did think green tea was good for us x

It's safe. There's barely any caffeine in it. I drink one cup a day.

Think about it, the people in China, they drink green tea like water, and that country is still over-populated

Bunny, you're right about China! LOL!

Here is the link I found...and yes, I know, don't believe everything you read. https://www.nowpublic.com/when-not-drink-green-tea

I'm sure that it means if you're drinking a TON of it, it can absorb the folic acid. Thanks for the thoughts, ladies. I'm sure it's fine, too. My dh said we can probably find someone to tell us something is wrong with every single thing we're doing, and it's probably fine. I do have the caffeine free kind, but it wasn't about the caffeine. I still enjoy my lattes in the morning, and will until I get that bfp. :winkwink:

I have heard its both good and bad so am not sure. I love green tea and a teaspoon of honey. I buy decaff green tea. I have also just recently bought decaf coffee :)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"