greenish poo (sorry tmi)

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
my baby is 6 weeks old and in the last 4-5 days his poo got a bit greenish colour and got more green since yesterday.
i don't change my diet but the difference before and now ( when his poo was yellow compare with when it's green ) is : each feed doesn't last as long as before,maybe 5-10 minutes and he would stop sucking , whatever i do he wouldn't eat anymore until i swap side and he just eat for another 5 minutes and finish.

i read in another thread that if baby takes a lot more of the 1st milk (foremilk) than the second full-fat milk then the poop can go green. I found this happened to me and my LO. I make sure he feeds for as long as possible on one side adn this fixed the problem. Sometimes he'll just have one side per feed even as I know I have a lotof milk on one side.

the first milk has water and minerals and so is important but the second is the full fat high calorie bit and is also very importnt. We should therefore make sure baby gets both.

hows about stopping, winding and going back to the same side?

MAybe your LO is just so thirsty? Is your home hot perhaps? The first milk has the thirst quenching water see.

My LO can also suddenly scream or wriggle and kick and want to get off one side. I think it's a sign he's just had enough, though he would usually have a go on the other side if I offered it....

i read in another thread that if baby takes a lot more of the 1st milk (foremilk) than the second full-fat milk then the poop can go green. I found this happened to me and my LO. I make sure he feeds for as long as possible on one side adn this fixed the problem. Sometimes he'll just have one side per feed even as I know I have a lotof milk on one side.

the first milk has water and minerals and so is important but the second is the full fat high calorie bit and is also very importnt. We should therefore make sure baby gets both.

hows about stopping, winding and going back to the same side?

MAybe your LO is just so thirsty? Is your home hot perhaps? The first milk has the thirst quenching water see.

My LO can also suddenly scream or wriggle and kick and want to get off one side. I think it's a sign he's just had enough, though he would usually have a go on the other side if I offered it....

Yes, it's been really really HOT here ( Thailand ) and my baby has thai & english blood and he gets hot very easy.
i've tried to keep him on one side but he refuses to have any more. i wind him and walk about for a few minutes and continue on the same side but he wouldn;t take it and i know he's still hungry so i swap side and then he eats some more.
i guess you are right he must be thirsty. but i want him to get hindmilk as well. what should i do?:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->