Gro-Eggs

Sooz

Paige & Mason's Mum!
Reaction score
I've got a free afternoon so am spending it buying bits and pieces we still need online and just wondered what those of you with Gro-Eggs paid for them and where you got them from? :flower:

I have a gro egg from my last baby. Think i got it from a local baby shop. Gave me peace of mind tbh esp since i used it with grobags. They look cute and the colour changes when its not the right temp. Any temperature thing would do though.

I like things that change colour. :haha:

DH & I are really prone to the cold so seem to have a very warm house and I don't want LO to overheat so figured a big glowing egg would be hard to miss if it is getting to warm.

I was looking to get one of these, but reading the reviews online, lots of people said they were very inaccurate so I just got a normal wall thermometer

got mine on ebay for £8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got ours as a gift and the dam thing never worked, it always told us it was too hot and in order to get the room cool enough we had to have the window open (in December) and it wasn't until we used our baby monitor that we realised that the themometer on it as out by 3 degrees so no wonder we had all be freezing.

Most baby monitors have a themometer reading on them which also comes up on the parent unit (which you carry around with you) so you don't need a seperate one.

I don't remember where i got mine from but it's brilliant, would definitely recommend it!
bumpto3.com do them as do Mothercare, etc :flower:
Only bad thing i would say is when the temperature goes from too cold to normal the blue light is really quite bright and annoying if im trying to get to sleep :haha:

Most baby monitors have a themometer reading on them which also comes up on the parent unit (which you carry around with you) so you don't need a seperate one.

I've just checked the Angelcare monitor which I wanted and it does indeed have a temperature sensor built into it, in which case I may as well save the £20 on the gro egg.....as pretty looking as it is. :haha::thumbup:

As much as ours looked pretty it was very inaccurate and nearly always said too hot when we knew for certain it was not. We may still plug it in with this baby to look nice but will use the angelcare monitor to really check the temperature. I wouldnt bother x

I've just checked the Angelcare monitor which I wanted and it does indeed have a temperature sensor built into it, in which case I may as well save the £20 on the gro egg.....as pretty looking as it is. :haha::thumbup:

My work here is done! I demand you spend that £20 on chocolate and ice cream, it would be rude not to.

I have a grow egg! I love it and I don't think the temps out at all..

I love the dif colours it turns! Haha

I paid £4 for mine off here! Still works perfect

My work here is done! I demand you spend that £20 on chocolate and ice cream, it would be rude not to.

Well, if you insist :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"