Grobags - what tog?

Samemka

Mummy of 2 girlies
Reaction score
Hi girls

I really like the idea of baby sleeping bags. It seems that the ideal nursery temperature is 16-20c, so I was thinking of getting a 2.5 tog one in 0-6 months - bubs is due in July so for July/August it'll be too warm for that, but by the time we hit September knowing the British weather, a 2.5tog one should be fine??

And then another 2.5 tog one for 6-18 months - will prob have to buy a lighter one for the summer but not going to buy that far in advance!!

Was just wondering whether this sounds about right???

I wondered this! I've bought one already for when the baby goes into the cot, not using them in the moses basket, I have got bedding for that. The woman in John Lewis did say that grobags are the best solution, but from about 3months in case the tiny babies slip through the neck hole, I will be interested to see what others think...

x.

I got confused but Mothercare have a little chart on the back so I have a 2.5 tog for when it gets a bit chilly around late sept oct then a plain sheet (to match my bedding :rofl:) for when it's hot in August. I have a room thermometer on my monitor so I can judge by that. x

The grobags come with a room thermometer which suggests which tog to use and also what clothes your baby should be wearing too which seems very useful. I've bought a 1.0 tog one as it seems the most flexible one for a summer baby.
The grobag website has more info
https://www.gro.co.uk/grobags.aspx
Hope this helps :)

I've found a great website for these. Just bought a 0-6 grobag for £12.99 and a 6-18 month one for £9.99 - both 2.5 togs! They're the 'proper' grobags too - I know you can get similar versions and they are probably just as good but these are definitely official grobags. If anyone wants to know the site message me (or I can post here, but not sure if it's allowed - sorry!)

I have a 2.5 and a 1.5 for 0 - 6 months...depends on the weather really but our weather has a tendenacy to be rubbish for the last few summers.

I was wondering this too. I've bought a 2.5tog one (not a proper grobag but only £6 from Primark!) so I've saved the chart from the grobag website - very useful, thanks!

we have got 3 of the 1 tog ones and 2 of the really light weight summer ones i think they are 0.5 tog (we were really lucky to be given all ours from the twins i look after otherwise i wouldn't have got so many!).

Anyway in my experience the 2.5 tog ones are very thick, and you only really need them when it is really cold. also if it does get a bit chilly you can always dress baby in something a bit warmer to go into there 1 tog gro-bag, if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"