Groovy Isle of wight chicks?

shimmyshimmy

Mummy of 2.
Reaction score
Looking for Island Mummy's. Is there anyone out there? I feel like I am in the middle of nowhere, rural west wight. So quite secluded from the hub bub of life.

Would be great to hear from anyone on the Isle of wight, or from similar small Islands.
x

i dont live there but i go to teh festival each year, its fab! :D

x

We go there quite a lot... all of my OH's family are from there, I love it.

Thats great that you like it on the Island or that you would like to move down.

I moved here 2 and a half years ago, I have made a few friends, but none like the close ones I had from Bucksinghamshire where I am originally from.
I have found that everyone has there groups of friends, and I just feel totally out of the loop.

It would be great to make some new friends. I am a bit fed up now. I am a little bit awkward with social things. I wish there was someone similar to me out there. Maybe having my new baby down here will help me in making new friends.

:cry:

Im in sort of the same boat... I moved away from my family about 6 months ago and it really is hard making new friends, but Im hoping at ante natal classes and stuff therell be people I have something in common with.

Hope it works out hun :) Feel free to drop me a PM if you need to. Im pretty far away, but I know what it feels like!

xxx

I can see your island from where I live, I'm on Hayling Island not quite the same I know least I have a bridge that I can escape over!

Hi I moved to the isle of wight in march 2006 and have made a few friends through work but not any i can go out and about with as they dont have kids and most are a lot older than me in their 40's or about 17.

Im a bit shy at meeting new people but am normal and fun with my friends on the mainland so just take a while to open up.:blush::wacko:

I found this site the other day to see if there is anyone else out there like me.
I am 18 weeks pregnant with my first child but also live with my boyfriend and we have custody of his 2 boys (7 and 4) so am kind of like a daily mum already but without the birth and baby experience.

I feel a little alone on the island as my family and friends are on the mainland and although its only a trip on a boat it is costly to go over too often and always seems like a military manouvre with kids,buses,boats,luggage etc so would be great to meet some people here either on the island or just to chat to online.:hi:
Anyway its just a quickie and this is turning into an essay and really i should be chilling out as i had a wisdom and another tooth taken out today :-( so a bit sore.
All the best to all :)
Sonia

Hi Sonia,
Sorry I have not checked back here in a while, unfortunately I miscarried at seven weeks, around 5 weeks ago, so I havent really been around.
This last week I am back though and raring to go.
Where abouts are you on the Island and how is your pregnancy going?
How exciting for you going through your first pregnancy.
So you havent really been on the Island that long. I have found I have made friends on the school runs which has been great, I also feel a little more confident. It was one of my resolutions to chill out and relax a bit with others.
Bit annoyed to find out yesterday that some of the small rural primary schools may shut, which I am not happy about as my daughter goes to one in the West Wight.
I love the Island, but it seems to be slipping into the same ways as the mainland. We moved here to give our children the opportunity to attend a small rural school in a beautiful setting and now the council are trying to take our choices away and unsettle our children, I am furious. Anyway enough about that. I may blow a gasket if I go on any longer.
Please keep in touch, it is always good to get to know others on the Island, and do some networking, it is only a small place after all.
Let me know if you ever need any help, advice or support. I am always about on the net.
Shimmy (Lee)
x

Im in a similar situation too, moved about an hour away from home by car which isn't too bad apart from the fact that I don't know anyone around here apart from my boyfriend and his family, so you can't just pop out to a mates like you could at home.

Hi, my name is Kelly,
I live on the isle of wight too.
There is a forum called iowparents, we all make arrangements to meet up with the kids and chat about any worries we have etc. its:
https://www.iowparents.co.uk
feel free to sign up, you are sure to make friends we are a lovely bunch.
x x x x

hi shimmy shimmy i'm on the isle of wight in ryde but can travel to meet new friends on island. just send me a message. lea 30 mum of 1 and 1 on the way

Im originally from the Island and go back all the time
im from Ryde :D

We're thinking of moving over to the Island so it was so lovely to read your post, please do get in touch. We'll be on the Island for half term and most weekends at the moment.
I'm a Mummy to a 5 year old daughter and also a 6 month old baby girl.

xx

We're thinking of moving over to the Island so it was so lovely to read your post, please do get in touch. We'll be on the Island for half term and most weekends at the moment.
I'm a Mummy to a 5 year old daughter and also a 6 month old baby girl.

xx

Please get in touch with me......I maybe moving to the Island shortly and might need a friend or two!! Really worried about the fact that there is no bridge tp "pop" back on!!

xx

Hi i'm from the island, i live in Ryde.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"