Gross out things you do for your LO?

M

Mrs Mayhem

Continuing on from a previous thread, I thought I'd ask you all

What do you do for your LO that used to gross you out before you had them?

For me it's vomit & ear wax!! Previously I would have to physically move away from vomit, but now I have a sicky baby I am always covered in it!!
And I have always kept my distance from ear wax! But just today had to clean it... ew! :sick:

Whats yours?

I pick her bogeys :lol: It doesn't actually gross me' out too much, it's worse seeing them in her nose all day!

I hate cleaning my bubs hands..they are always so dirty with fluff, hair and what ever else she has grabbed and she puts them in her mouth luk, smelly hands :sick:

The bogeys, and the poo nappies, lol.

Someone was telling me they suck their babies bogeys out of their nose with their mouth.

Ok, i love my babies, but :sick:

Wash pooey nappies in the loo.
Never thought i would do that...

And sick, well baby sick hardly counts does it :shrug:
If my OH was sick now id still move away :rofl:

The bogeys, and the poo nappies, lol.

Someone was telling me they suck their babies bogeys out of their nose with their mouth.

Ok, i love my babies, but :sick:

ewww

i have a nasal aspirator much nicer for baby and ME lol

I remember when Evie was a baby and she was really constipated, I had to squeeze some poo out of her bum that had half come out but she couldn't quite make the rest of it :blush: I can't believe I'm owning up to that one!

I remember when Evie was a baby and she was really constipated, I had to squeeze some poo out of her bum that had half come out but she couldn't quite make the rest of it :blush: I can't believe I'm owning up to that one!

:rofl: :rofl:

Poo & sick. I cant stand sick but with a baby with reflux I had to cope.

As for poo, I have the worst gagging reflex, but I got use to his yellow poo, but when we started weaning I had to cope with a different type of poo (Yuk!). Until now I gag when I change his dirty nappy :( but I've been doing it for more than 14 months, which is a great acheivement for me ;)

Ha! Being a daycare provider before Megan was born had me used to everything & anything! When you deal w/ sick, pee, poop, blood, tears, sweat, boogs, & everything else w/ other peoples kids - nothing your own child does will come close to comparing!

All the usual body fluid type things never really bothered me (except when I was pregnant) so nose picking, ear picking and pooey bums not an issue. I have to confess though that I had to do something I never thought I'd do in a million years. I had to suck the snot out of LO's nose with my mouth :sick: As previously mentioned

He had a cold. Poor little bugger couldn't breath, and I couldn't find the nasal aspirator anywhere and he was getting in such a state I'd steamed, vicks'd and used the saline drops there was nothing else for it. I'm still shocked and slightly repulsed at myself but it worked (better than the aspirator too).

Picking bogies, wiping snot off her face with my hand if there's nothing else around (and then wiping it on my clothes :haha:), squeezing poo out, scraping poo out of her cloth nappies.

Gross, gross, gross!

Pooey nappies, i must say i couldn't imagine changing a nappy before LO was born, but when you see baby poo everyday you don't bat an eyelid, though i would still prefer to change LO's bum than another baby's, i don't know why?! Lol. Also the throwing up noise, i used to have a phobia of sick, the sound, the look, everything, when you have baby that barfs about 20times a day you get used to it (though milk isn't as bad as food of course)

changing nappies, I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to do it, but once they're here you just have to get on with it

DH will catch LOs sick. Like, to save her clothes/buggy :rofl: Anywhere anytime, he'll do it instinctively :rofl:

I had a major issue with poo before i had Bella, but now it doesn't bother me at all, even if i get a little on me!

cleaning the bogeys out her nose i didnt mind everything else as was used to it with friends babies but never had to sort out other babies bogeys.

My babies are 2 months old and hubby still hasn't changed a single nappy. He gags whenever he even accidentally walks into the nursery and sees me changing the babies.

I have now taken to chasing him round the house with a pooey nappy just to annoy him :D

sucking out bogies, clearing ear wax, clearing up sick, clearing everything when he "erupts" lol for instance the time he decided to clear EVERYTHING when being held by my 5 five year. Both needed :shower: :sick:

Projectile vomiting from reflux - I never ever thought that a baby throwing up and it going all over me/him/ the walls/ his cot/ the chair everything wouldn't faze me other than the hassle of cleaning it it never bothered me at all :haha: And I had a massive vomit phobia for years. If someone else even retched my stomach would turn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->