group c strep???

gnomette

mummy of 2 an 2 angels x
Reaction score
i have been in an out of hospital over the past week due to bleeding at first i had a urin infection and given anti biotics but the bleeding continued. so i have been booked in for a scan monday mornin. but tonight i was taken in again an i have been told that i have group c strep. i have been given more anti biotics had more swabs done bloods taken and let home the mid wife didnt seem to know much bout it other than its similar to group b strep but i was wondering if any one knew any thing more about it! it jus seems like no one knows much about it other than i now can not have the home or birthing center birth i wanted i have to go into hospital and have iv anti biotics every 4 hours! but as long as my little girl is fit an healthy thats all that really matters it jus seems that no one seems to know what we are dealing with!
if any one knows anything i would really appreciate it!

Hi
Sorry to hear about this, must be a worry for you.

I don't have the same experience as you but when I had Poppy they did skin swabs on her and she tested positive for group A strep. On the same day I was being discharged (2 days after she was born, she had to stay in SCBU) they told me that they would have to swab me for group c strep but that the assumption was that Poppy had got it from me.

I had to go on antibiotics immediately (before we got the results) and was told in no uncertain terms to get all my belongings out of the hospital room and stay in SCBU only, not to go elsewhere in the hosptital.

Needless to say I was so upset by this news and they couldn't even tell me what it meant for Poppy's or my health. Turns out I was not carrying it after all and the hospital begrudgingly admitted 'even though we have high standards of hygiene, sometimes infections are passed on by staff...'

Anyway, all this is not answering your question, but it's just my experience of one of the GroupA/B/C Streps (bloody annoying things!) As long as you are on the antibiotics you and your LO should be totally fine. I am sure your hospital will treat you with more sympathy than they treated me :hugs:

thank you for your reply i am due to see the consultant on monday so i guess we will see! i really do appreciate your reply

hi i jus wanted to say if you are diagnosed with strep c then please do not worry its not as bad as strep b once you have the anti biotics its gone you jus need to be tested to make sure it has all gone once the anti biotics have done x so you wont need anti biotics durin labour i was soo pleased to finaly speak to someone who understood put all my worries to rest an i can ave the birth i wanted! xx

Hi . When i was pregnant with my now 5yr old i was told i had strep b.. They said in itself its not a problem. But when u go in labour it can be transfer to baby if infection is there and u dont know. I had iv antibiotics whilst in labour. Cant rem if Soph had to have any antibiotics or not. But Sophie was fine.

Hope u get some answers

x

Hi there!
So I realize this thread is old but I am so releaved to have stumbled across it!
I had my first baby on the 1st of march this year and the third day after he was born I was also diagnosed with strep c! I have been stressing ever since because no one seemed to know what it is or be able to answer any of my questions. If there is any more information you have about it I'd love to know :)
Thanks for the little bit of relief you have already provides me with =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->