GroVia nappies vs flips vs econobums

Discussion in 'Natural Parenting' started by missmayhem, Nov 13, 2011.

1. missmayhem

missmayhem Mummy to 2 little cuties

2. Snuffy

Snuffy Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the GroVia ones before but I like the look of them so will be interested in any replies.

I have been planning to use Flips with Bummis organic prefolds to reduce the cost.

3. missmayhem

i like the looks of the flips system, and the fact i can use them with the prefolds i already have is a bonus....

the gro system looks good but very expensive

2 soaker pads 15 quid? plus the shell at 12? could get expensive very quickly esp when you compare to flips

4. sleeping bubs

sleeping bubs 1 son and 3 angels

Haven't heard of Grovia but I have one flip (organic) and one Econobum and I prefer the flip as the insert stays still has flaps on the outer but the insert moves around in the Econobum but it is really absorbing. But if u have been using bambino nappies it shouldn't be much of a problem.

5. missmayhem

would econobums inserts in the flips wraps work?? arrggggggg so many choices

6. sleeping bubs

tbn I haven't tried the econobum insert is drying at mo but I think they are the same size they are a lot cheaper than organic flips £10 for 3 where as the flips are £5.95 each for insert!!

7. missmayhem

tenner for 4 on cheeks and cherries, and thats not bad.... ohhh its tempting

8. sleeping bubs

lol I have been banned from buying more nappies but I am still looking lol and lo is 26months so won't be in nappies for long

9. discoclare

discoclare Well-Known Member

should do as they are just a prefold. and visa versa as I use Flip stay-dry inserts in Econobums wraps sometimes.

10. fluffpuffin

fluffpuffin Well-Known Member

I bought one Grovia from someone on here. It's a good alternative but I don't find them as good as the flips. The soaker pads snap in, similar to Close parent pop-ins, but there are no flaps either side to hold a prefold in place. Also the outers aren't quite as generously sized as flips IMO.

11. fluffpuffin

fluffpuffin Well-Known Member

They do work but they're much more bulky and not as soft as the flip organics inserts. I have 3 of them but I've sidelined them now as I prefer the actual flip inserts.

12. missmayhem

thanks, what about the econobums as actual wraps, do you rate them??

cannot wait till mat pay is back dated and i go nappy shopping

13. sleeping bubs

Mckenzie has a econobums wrap on a moment with a stay dry flip insert (did have prefold in for almost 2 hrs but was dirty) the wrap is stretchy and fits well around his legs but as there is no flap to hold insert in place is a bit more tricky to put on esp with a wiggly toddler!!

my flip wrap is great but the elastic has slackened now so is not as tight around the legs now but are still ok.

2bn I would buy more econobums nappies esp as they are os and work as well as the flips.

14. missmayhem

thanks hun!! god i cannot wait to start nappy shopping it is so much fun

15. sleeping bubs

lol I am currently deciding whether I could get away with buying more econobums nappies lol either the mini or day kit so much easier to carry them around.

16. mummy_mi

mummy_mi ~*Mum to Chloe*~

I've used GroVia for ages and love them, especially when I had a small stash. They are such a better fit on Chloe, slim - especially between the legs unlike Flips. Also I love the colours and patterns!
    I got mine from Babybots which I think are cheaper for the soakers and if you want any specific colours Lynsey will order them in for you, Mod Flowers is gorgeous!

I used to get 3/4 wears out of a shell so they can work out economical, When Chloe turned into a heavy wetter I had to start adding a booster but they were still trim.

I've nearly sold them all off now as we just arnt using them enough now we've got a ton of pretty nappies but if I had another LO I'd definitely get a ton more.

I guess it just depends on your LO - definitely get one of each to try for a bit first before you take the plunge! xx