Growing terror

raychmumtobe

Mummy to my Boofles <3
Reaction score
All through my pregnancy, ive been calm and excited and really looking 4ward to being a mummy, and I wasnt in the slightest bit worried about the labour...

But...

Now its getting closer to my date, im absolutely terrified, and the terror is just building the more I think about it.
I know being a mum is something ill get used to, ive always wanted to be a mum, tho now im scared that ill resent not having any alone time with my OH or just to myself as me and my OH barely hav any time together nw. :-(

Im also now terrified of the labour, I cnt wait to meet my daughter, but theres a huge part of me now that wants her to stay where she is so that I dnt hav to go thru all the pain of labour, which is seriously selfish... But everytime I think about the labour, I feel sick to my stomach and I get this crippling feeling of dread.
I know im going to have to do it very soon, but im just getting myself in a flap over it. :-(

Has anyone else felt like this? How can I snap out of it?

I'm with u. Closer it gets the more I realise I am genuinely completely terrified. I'm literally praying that by not thinking about it too much by the time I'm.IN labour they'll b sod all I can do about it but cope! Have never felt this scared about something in my life n its only just dawning on me! X

At least its not just me. Im seriously freaking out. :'(

Its not don't worry! But we will cope n we will get through it-its the same with anything-anticipation n apprehension r always worse than the reality!! X

Thanks hun. I just wish someone cud just knock me out and when I wake up, hand me my daughter. Lol. Wud be far less scary. Xx

I could've written your post!

I honestly didn't really think about labour/actually being a parent in any REAL sense until this week. I think it's partly because I'm now off work so I've just got more time to actually think about it.

I'm pretty scared of labour - especially because midwife thinks he's back-to-back and I need to turn him (which she said with a really terrifying face, as if it's the worst thing ever :wacko:), but I'm scared this won't happen.

I'm also scared of everything changing between me and OH. I know it will be fine, but the worries just seem to have hit me in the last few days for some reason :shrug:

:hugs: for you - I'm sure it'll all be amazing in the end.

Lisa x

I was very blasse about it until last week when they told me my baby is breech. Before then I wanted to try for no drugs, because the idea of not being able to have control of my body freaks me out, so the thought of having a c-section is freaking me out. I've been having dreams about him turning. Seriously, the thought of having a c-section gets me slightly panicky. But I guess he's coming out one way or the other, right:)

I could of written this post too .... :dohh:

I have been signed off work early from the docs with anxiety as i got myself so worked up about the whole thing...:cry:
terrified of labour
for some reason i convinced myself everyone around me was going to die
or the baby/I was going to die :blush:
terrified OH will leave me because im a stress head/no sleep mother
terrified i am a crap mam

the list is endless.... :wacko:

I can honestly say though that now i have sat down and thought about the above list (and made the decision to have an epidural!) I am feeling so much better.
I think its perfectly natural what we are feeling and we will all be fine :flower::hugs: we are going to be great mams :baby:

Thank christ u all feel the same! I spoke to my sister about her pregnancy and whether she felt like this and she said she was fine and that im bein too dramatic etc, that I just need to nt think abwt it!
That is just nt possible right nw. Its all I cn think abwt.

hey rach hun, im shitting myself too about labour, but just think soon we will both have our little girls, and when i visit up north catey and Layla will be able to play with each other and become friends, just as we did from primary onwards :)
Just think of the great things being a mum entails, and how catey will have cas around her near enough the same age too :)

Im very scared too, im a high risk pregnancy so it doesnt help, also knowing i could possibly have a life threatening condition, im freaking out every minute

Oh ladies it's so sad that you're all feeling like this, so apprehensive and worried and frightened... i'm sure it's a totally natural feeling, it is very frightening when something so very intense is about to happen, and it doesn't end with labour of course, afterwards you suddenly have a baby! but...I can promise you a hundred percent that the fear or labour is just a fear of the unknown, it's not a fear that will translate in to doing/not doing well, and there's time to build up and find your ways to cope and strategies, there's a good reason that the intensity of labour goes up in increments and doesn't just happen suddenly...! I thought that labour pains felt very 'worthy' - very useful, it's not just like a terrible pain, it's something entirely different and because of that, you cope in different ways, you give yourself over and become almost a different person, it's hard to imagine the place you'll be in during labour, but in my experience, not a bad place! I had a nice experience- it was painful, but contractions came and went, I gathered myself in between, rocked around, breathed, prepared for the next, relaxed in water, and when pushing stage came- it was a big relief and not as painful, more just great great pressure. I hope that somehow helps some of you. Pm me if you want any more positive labour vibes! I think I had a nice inbetweeny labour. I couldn't place myself in entirely 'natural' - I had pethidine, and I didn't stay quiet, I screamed like a banshee (to me that felt very natural and good!) - but I wasn't induced (refused it in fact) my labour wasn't too long, and she came out naturally,slowly, using a birthing stool, and not a graze in sight. I went home a few hours later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"