Growth scan to day & now another problem

allannah

Reaction score
Hi ladies, had a growth scan today, am nearly 28 weeks pregnant, baby is still small but has grown so thats good news, but they told me my waters were very low, i then had to have babys movements monitored which was also good : ) , however they've said i now have to go every week for scans and movements to be monitored and if i go next week and waters have decreased further, the consultant will have to make a decision about delivering baby early! : ( my csection is just under 11 weeks and booked, obviously i would like the baby to stay in as long as poss. Hoping i go next week and my waters are the same and that baby has grown, i know they wont increase, but they also may not drop. Anyone in the same situation or had experience of this? thanks x

No experience, but I know that if your baby was born soon, the chance of survival is very high... over 90%. Just rest up as much as you can and drink lots of water.

Hopefully everything will improve. I can't imagine how stressed you must be. :hugs:

sorry hun no i dont have any idea but i wish you the best

Hey love, it is very important for them to check your water level because little water can cause cord compression which is very dangerous for lo. My water began leaking at 28 weeks and I had weekly CTG's, blood test and regular scans at 28, 31, 33, 35 weeks to check water levels. I was in hospital for 5 days before they were satisfied I wasn;t going to go into labour, I had steroid injections for lo's lungs aswell. If baby does come early the NICU's are amazing places.

If your water gets below a certain amount they will probably have to deliver. But it is possible for your water to replenish so it could be that you have more water when you go for your scan.

I got to 37+5 :thumbup: Good luck :hugs:

I had to go for growth scans because they said my baby was 3 weeks behind on growth.. if ya know what i mean. After about 3 scans from different consultants and sonographers.... they acctually decided that my baby was above average size and that my bump was small because i am tall! So i worried for about 3 weeks over apparently nothing. They then said that my bump was still measuring small and i went back for more scans... (Grrr because i had a diff midwife for two weeks) And again they said the baby was really long and the bump was small because i was tall!

Tbh i think they try and make us worry over nothing :) Well they certainly did with me! And it doesnt help that we are full of hormones!

Hope this helps!

xxxx
(oh and sometimes i found that my babies movements were less because of the time of day... my baby tends to move more when im relaxed, or comfy etc.. )

I read that keeping urself hydrated can help replenish ur waters :thumbup:

Xxx

Just to wish you luck. I hope baby grows and the amount of water increases as well

I have been being monitored for the last 3 weeks for the same reason, and have been leaking AF steadily ever since. I was diagnosed yesterday with Oligo, which means my water level is now critical. I had two steroid injections, one today and one yesterday yo mature LO's lungs, because at this stage if things carry on the way they are, then she will need to be delivered between 34 & 36 weeks. My consultant told me at this stage that your waters can't replenish themselves, and drinking more will have no effect. They only replenish earlier in pregnancy. Good luck and I hope you don't lose anymore x

I have been being monitored for the last 3 weeks for the same reason, and have been leaking AF steadily ever since. I was diagnosed yesterday with Oligo, which means my water level is now critical. I had two steroid injections, one today and one yesterday yo mature LO's lungs, because at this stage if things carry on the way they are, then she will need to be delivered between 34 & 36 weeks. My consultant told me at this stage that your waters can't replenish themselves, and drinking more will have no effect. They only replenish earlier in pregnancy. Good luck and I hope you don't lose anymore x

so youve had the same problem since about 29 weeks? i dont think ive been leaking them though, so there not sure why they are low, it could be ive been told that, its just my pregnancy but they need to monitor incase it gets lower, im going again next thurs so fingers crossed the baby has grown again and that water levels are the same level. yeah was also told the waters wouldnt increase now.poor you though, snds like youve been through it as well, fingers crossed all will be ok with baby am sure it will be. At least there keeping a close eye on you, i wish you all the best xx

Hey love, it is very important for them to check your water level because little water can cause cord compression which is very dangerous for lo. My water began leaking at 28 weeks and I had weekly CTG's, blood test and regular scans at 28, 31, 33, 35 weeks to check water levels. I was in hospital for 5 days before they were satisfied I wasn;t going to go into labour, I had steroid injections for lo's lungs aswell. If baby does come early the NICU's are amazing places.

If your water gets below a certain amount they will probably have to deliver. But it is possible for your water to replenish so it could be that you have more water when you go for your scan.

could you feel yours leaking? as ive not had any leaking so there not quite sure why there low, it may just be my pregnancy, but they want to monitor to check that they dont get less.Am having csection just before 39 weeks preg but would obviously like to try and keep her in there for as long as poss, thanks for your message, am glad all went well for you xx

could you feel yours leaking? as ive not had any leaking so there not quite sure why there low, it may just be my pregnancy, but they want to monitor to check that they dont get less.Am having csection just before 39 weeks preg but would obviously like to try and keep her in there for as long as poss, thanks for your message, am glad all went well for you xx

Hi, yes I did, although at the time wasn't sure if it was wee, CM or fluid so took myself to labour ward to be checked where they confirmed it was fluid. When Evan was engaged he basically formed a plug, but he popped out a couple of times and I would leak on and off so had a scan everytime I felt the leaks for them to check the waters. My waters were low, but not low enough that they were concerned and my levels were very different at each scan, the main problem was infection as there was a rupture in the sac where the leak was iyswim?

Low fluid can be for all kinds of reasons, have they indicated why?

I hope you get as far as safely possible and wish you and lo the best

Hi, yes I did, although at the time wasn't sure if it was wee, CM or fluid so took myself to labour ward to be checked where they confirmed it was fluid. When Evan was engaged he basically formed a plug, but he popped out a couple of times and I would leak on and off so had a scan everytime I felt the leaks for them to check the waters. My waters were low, but not low enough that they were concerned and my levels were very different at each scan, the main problem was infection as there was a rupture in the sac where the leak was iyswim?

Low fluid can be for all kinds of reasons, have they indicated why?

I hope you get as far as safely possible and wish you and lo the best

My 12 and 20 week scans were fine, but they did growth scan at 27 weeks plus and thats when they said about low levels of fluid, but they dont seem to know why?? i havnt had any leaking so is a bit strange, but will see if scan shows less next week, all i can do is wait and keep an eye on movements, thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->