Growth scan

My bump started measuring very small at 34 weeks, i had weekly scans from then till 38 weeks when i was induced as i hadnt much fluid either. She was exactly a week early and weighed 5lb 12oz.

I think it depends if you are already classed as high risk etc like i was, i dont think a smallish or largish baby is anything to worrry about, i think if its if there are probs that go with it. x

i havent been offered one and presumed you would only get one if you was measuring big/small for your dates.

i voted no and are very suprised to see how many people have had growth scans.

xxx

I've had 2 due to measuring big for dates. One was at 34+1 and the other was 36+6.

My fundal height always measured fine but with climbing bp without preeclampia signs I had growth scans at 32+6 & 36+6. (higher bp can affect babies growth) I also had scans to measure fluid level once a week since around 32 weeks.

I was induced at 37 weeks due to baby measuring small at the 2nd growth scan. Just a few days before the dr said my fundal height was good?!

I've had one growth scan already (at 36+6) and will have another one next week (at 39+1). The reasons were smaller fundal height. Believe me, I was not thrilled at all... I was sick worried and super sad. Although measurements have come back within the average, it has not been an exciting thing for me.

I've had one growth scan already (at 36+6) and will have another one next week (at 39+1). The reasons were smaller fundal height. Believe me, I was not thrilled at all... I was sick worried and super sad. Although measurements have come back within the average, it has not been an exciting thing for me.

I agree - these scans were worrying vs. being fun like the earlier ones were -like 20 week) DH kept saying at least we get to see the baby again.... but it didn't ever take away the reason why we needed to have the scan. I spent the last part of pregnancy worrying about my baby vs enjoying being pregnant.

Ive had a few..5 weeks (Bleed), 6 weeks (follow up to bleed) 9 weeks (my 12 week one), 21 weeks (my 20 week one), 27 weeks (fundal hight was way over), 28 weeks (diagnosed with GD), 30 weeks (GD), 32 weeks (GD), 34 weeks (GD) 36 weeks (GD), 37 weeks (Presentation as had previously been breech)..then i have had private 2d and 3d ones too, think i have the most photographed Baby, ever lol.
With DS1 i only had 2 though as was a low risk pregnancy.

[jumping in from second tri] I've got one booked to check that my placenta has moved up from it's low position.

I had one but only because i was worried about baby being too big and i got told at my scans he was 'big' but he always measured on scale with my midwife but i got told better to be safe and know :shrug: but iv only had one and it was a one off.. my bump is measuring 37cm now and he weighs a bit bigger then what they expected :shrug: but i can see him coming out fine not even big as there saying but they have said i could be early now but there not worrying about it as much spose let nature take its course :haha: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->