Growth Scan

Mummy1506

Mummy of 2 boys :)
Reaction score
Hi, Had a growth scan today & they didn't say how much estimate the weight to be just that he was a little above average.

I swear I saw 5lbs 11 oz or it could have been 5lbs 1oz couldn't really see the screen very well but it just seemed very high as at my private 4d scan at 26weeks he was 2lbs 3oz, that seems alot to have gained at that stage ????

I have the measurments of FL , HC & AC anyone know of a good online calculator for these measurments to give EFW ????
Thank you !

xx

i also had a growth scan at exactly 33 weeks, and my baby's efw was 5.5lb, they have said all along that it may be a big baby, i'm being induced at 38 weeks, and on my chart going by there estimate she could be around 8.8lb at that point.

while this is daunting, i still remain a little optimistic, as with my last daughter i was also told she would be 8 or 9 lb, by nhs and by private scans, but she was born weighing 6lb 8oz......................................

My only difference this time is the actual growth scans, as i didnt have them last time, so i dont know how correct they can be.........

Thanks ladies, I know they can be a little out. My first DS was 3lbs 10oz at 28 weeks then 6lbs 3oz at 36 weeks was born at 40+11 8lbs 6oz so I guess they all can grow at different rates !

Doesn't stop you worrying tho about having 'big' babies...

I wish I hadn't looked at the screen now then I would have been none the wiser lol

xx

my bump was estimated at 6lb at 34 weeks. Which matchs my dd estimated weight at that point!she was born at 39 weeks at 8lb9

They are only estimates. I had my growth scan today as well and they estimated baby was on the big side and currently weighing around 7lbs. They did say however that there is a margin of error of 17oz either way. So that means my baby could be between 5lbs 15oz and 8lbs 1oz - which is quite a big range.

I was measuring small at my 20 week scan, hence why I was sent for a growth scan at 32 weeks....when I turned up fully expecting another titch like my last two babies (5lb 12oz and 6lb 2oz at birth) - the EFW was 1923g!

According to the growth chart I have in my notes, if he keeps following the same centile then he'll be well over 8.5lbs at birth - which although within the average range, scares me silly! Lol.

I blame all the cakes I've been eating this time around :wacko:

I'm so pleased you've posted this Mummy 1506. I had a scan today at 32weeks to check my placenta and they said the baby is 5lbs 3oz and has a large head and stomach (off the scale eek!). I'm having a gestational diabetes test at the weekend just to rule it out but the doctor said I probably just have a big baby.
I'm relieved to see other babies are weighing roughly the same!

I'm so pleased you've posted this Mummy 1506. I had a scan today at 32weeks to check my placenta and they said the baby is 5lbs 3oz and has a large head and stomach (off the scale eek!). I'm having a gestational diabetes test at the weekend just to rule it out but the doctor said I probably just have a big baby.
I'm relieved to see other babies are weighing roughly the same!

I have GD, but they told me today that baby was not big because of that (I've been controlling it really well). They can tell because the tummy and head are in proportion to each other - and it sounds like your baby is in proportion. Apparently there's more to worry about from a GD point of view if the tummy is disproportionately big compared to the head (e.g. if tummy measurement is off the scale, but head measurement is mid-range)..

This one is easy to use too...

https://www.perinatology.com/calculators/biometry.htm

At my 28+6 growth scan baby weighted 3lb 1oz and yesterday at our 33+6 growth scan ge weighed dead on 5lb! Apparently if I get to 40 weeks he should be around 8lb xx

had a growth scan today at 34 + 3 and she is 5lb 14oz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->