Growth Scans. Drop in Size

Lucy_Jane

Reaction score
At my 32 week scan baby was measuring on the 90th centile.
Her measurements were:
HC 92%
AC 93%
Femur 94%

Had my 36 week scan on thursday and shes dropped to the 88th centile.

HC 80%
AC 97%
Femur 84%

They didnt say too much about it at the time as i have an appointment tomorrow with my consultant.

Theyve mentioned previously about inducing me early as 37 weeks i have GD. Does this make that more likely to happen?

Has anyone else had anything similar?

I know its only 2%, ive just never had a drop before in either pregnancy, especially as her tummys still growing quite fast x

This is completely in range. A change of up to 20% over 2 weeks can be due to the technician's skill - and the longer the time is between scans, the larger the margin of error. On top of that, as a fellow GD mom, I was told that the smaller my LO's growth percentile is the lower the chance for induction/c-section.

Mine luckily dropped from 48% in week 31 to 29% in week 35 - so I get to have my natural birth as i hoped (assuming she is not too stubborn of course).

Your percentile barely changed though, so I would assume that the plan that your doc discussed after previous scan will remain unchanged too.

What bothers me most is how each measurement has dropped by around 10% yet her stomach is still growing big. Like you said though its probably the technician. I didnt like the last one much, she didnt seem all that great at what she was doing. Had me practically doing gymnastics on the bed to get the measurements x

I wouldn’t be too concerned. These weight estimates are terribly inaccurate with a pretty big margin of error...the 88th or 90th percentile are probably not statistically different. Mine went from 78th at 33 weeks to 80th at 35 weeks.

How was your appointment with the consultant?

I wouldn’t be too concerned. These weight estimates are terribly inaccurate with a pretty big margin of error...the 88th or 90th percentile are probably not statistically different. Mine went from 78th at 33 weeks to 80th at 35 weeks.

How was your appointment with the consultant?
Been booked in to be induced at 39 weeks as hes a little concerned about her AC%. Other than that he was happy with everything x

My kid's AC was a few days behind everything else at my scan and then when I had the 35 weeks scan, the AC was only 33 weeks while everything else was 35+ but my doctor was not concerned and baby came out fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->