Growth scans

Bubby09

Mum to 3 and expecting #4
Reaction score
Hi has anyone had a growth scan either with this or a previous pregnancy. If so how accurate was it? I am being scanned at 36 wks as i have very large babies my midwife told me yesterday that they arent very accurate and can be a 1lb out! Im sooo scared that the scan will be wrong and they'l let me carry on til I go into labour naturally and she turns out to be massive and I cant deliver her. :cry: I really, really dont want to have to have a C-section.

Aww hun I'm sure everything will be fine! They know what they're doing (well, most of the time, hehe) and I'm sure they wouldn't put you at risk of having a cesarean if they thought there was a chance that would be the case.

I have one next week to hun, I'll be 35+4 then and hoping that they give a good estimation. I don't want c-sec either..lets hope their accurate! x

the scansare only as accurate as the machine/person doing them/to within 1-2lbs from what i read, i have had several and although baby seems a 'good size' they aren't concerned at all *shrug* even knowing 1st baby was 9lb 3.5oz :o

just a story about my mum... my mum was huuuge with one of my brothers... she was literally measuring several weeks ahead and they let her go PAST her due date yet knew how big she measured/baby measured on the scan. in the end turned out he was 10lb something and shewent straight to theater straight after having him as she was that ill and needed aaalot of stitches, so just because baby is measuring big it seems each hspital has their own policy re: procedures etc etc

sure everything will work out great for you and baby!
xXx

I'm having growth scans... last one at 36weeks was 6lb 8oz... yes the scans can be 1lb either way... I can let you know in a week or so time on how accurate it is.

I had a growth scan at 34wks measuring 4 14oz
and had one at 39wks 7lbs exactly

Should be able to tell you in 7 days how accurate it was lol

I had a scan at 34w2d but not for a growth scan, it was to determine if the embilico cord was still wrapped around the baby's neck, which it wasn't.

But at this scan, the tech was able to tell me that I could have a 7.12+ baby at full term. The baby is measuring 10 days ahead of schedule with an above average size head. The tech also told me that it could be out a pound or two, depending on baby's weight gain in the next few weeks. I know I put on 2.5KG in 2 weeks, so baby is putting on more weight.

I do not see my OB/GYN until Tuesday to see if he will change my due date to May 6th versus my original date of May 16th, or if he will suggest induction because I am a small frame. Or if a c-section, which I don't want, is my only option because of the extra big head. I will keep you posted.

Good luck hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"