growth spurt or not?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
i dont know if joshua os having a growth spurt or not.

he had 4oz of milk at 7.00am
then had/wanted more at 9.00am and had another 4oz then
had another 7oz at 10.30am

is he having a growth spurt or does he need hungry baby milk?

Growth spurt probably. However, his belly won't be able to take that much milk. I got bitched at by the HV for feeding Caitlyn like that. I'd try hungry baby milk. There's no way he can keep 4oz and then 7oz an hour and a half later in his little belly!

will it hurt him tfor me to give him hungry baby milk even if he doesnt need it and its just a growth spurt.

he is usually sicky but he was only a little bit sick after the last bottle.

Hungry baby milk has different effects on different babies. It didn't work for Caitlyn it just made her a grumpy moo, and if I'm honest, MORE HUNGRY!! I would still try it for a couple of days, if he doesn't like it you can change back x

Dec was like this from the day he was born, he always took 5ozs every 2 hours, it was awful it was like I was feeding him all the time !!! when he was having a spurt he went up to 6-7ozs every 2 hours, I put him on hungry baby milk at 5 weeks but he still took the 5ozs every 2 hours !!!! HV said if thats what he needs then that is what he will take, but a stand-in HV said it was way to much and I needed to get him down to 4ozs every 3-4 hours, yeah like that was going to happen, he continued to take between 5-7ozs every 2 hours until he went on to solids at 4 months then he eased down on the milk. I would say most babies will only take what they want and if they do take to much it will come back out one way or another!!!! You could try the hungry baby milk it is from birth anyway and if it doesnt agree you could just switch back. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->