Grr his family!

Katia-xO

Mummy to 1 & baking #2
Reaction score
I'ma warn you now lol serious rant here..

I am sick to DEATH of them!!! I'm at college 20+hrs a week, work between 12 + 16hrs a week and they're STILL not happy with me :S wtf?! i thought it was MY family that should be on at me about stuff like this?

My mum thinks i shouldn't have a job yet as my college timetable is full + i'm in usually from 9am - 4:30pm. She understands that to get the grades i need for uni and to better myself etc then i'm actually gona have to work hard on my A levels at home as well as go to college, yet everytime i go to OH's (he lives at home) all i get is "you got another job yet?" and "when are you gettin a job and lettin Tom move out?" WTF how can i go to college, have 2 jobs AND see people i want to see? Yes it'll be extra money so my OH can move outa theres + move in with me sooner, but grrrrrrr it'd mean me droppin some lessons or somethin and i reaaaaally don't wanna do that! Also it'd strain mine and OH's relationship with not seeing each other much + us both being "tired" and "cba" all the time.

My OH feels the pressure too as he works full time, 5 days a week, and goes to college at nights for 3hrs for 2 nights a week. They would "ideally like" him to get a weekend/night job so that he can earn more (he's not on much atm as he's a trainee accountant and isn't qualified yet) gahhh they're a nightmare.

I know this is a bit far-fetched and not many of you will understand, but when i get pregnant i'm gona be SO tempted to not let his family see the baby much. They interfere so much + i can imagine them trying to bring the baby up as their own whenever i'm not there (as they do with OH's newborn cousin). His auntie gave birth a few weeks ago, and although she's agreed they can look after Freya (the baby) every now and again to give her a break, they still aren't satisfied and make remarks over everything she does! Bare in mind that the woman in question is about 30 and already has 3 kids so obviously knows what she is doing, and i can tell it annoys her too.

We all went to a christening at the weekend, my OH was holding the 3month old baby and allllll he heard from his Mum + Dad was "hold her properly, keep her head still, just give her here you can't hold her right" gahh wtf, it's ok for them to hold any of the babies how they want but when Tom does all he gets is screamed at so ends up puttin em down. I know that when we have children, no matter how old i am (as i know i'm very young now) they're gona say we aren't ready/wise enough/caring enough to bring a child up as we're children ourselves etc and "advise" me on evvvverything i do. I know this probably sounds silly but after looking after a doll for 2weeks that cried non-stop for childcare, i think i'm rather prepared tbh! I just wish they'd butt out. :dohh:

Sorry for this being a long post, just GRRRR lol any suggestions or comments to deal with them pleasee? xx

Sounds like a real nightmare!!
(respect for all the hard work you're doing btw)

Touble is - it doesn't matter how old you are - you'll ALWAYS be younger than them.
You won't get a chance to learn how to be a mum on your own!

At the moment I think I'm lucky that we don't have relatives living near to us.
But then... that means we've got no baby-sitters, no help when things get tough.

But... I want us to raise our children - I don't want other people teaching them their morals!

Sounds like your in-laws are going to have quite a lot of influence over your little one...

What does your man think?

I am so sorry they're being miserable to you! :hugs:

All that I can say is "wow!" To be honest with you, if that were me I wouldn't be spending much time around them because of the way they act. How controlling, yikes. It seems to me that whatever you and OH do in the future it won't be good enough for their "little boy". Have they always been like this?

I'm sorry that you have to put up with this. :hugs:

God i'm sorry you have to put up with his parents like that. The thing is it doesn't seem to make sense. To me it seems that they're very interfering with a lot of areas of yours and your OH's relationship, yet the hassling you to get him moved out quicker is surprising. I would have thought they'd want to keep babying him at home from what you've said.

You're already working hard enough as it is! I think perhaps you should try asking your OH to talk to them on your behalf. Explain that it's important for you to get your A levels and you're trying your best by having a part time job too but it's important for you to get your qualifications and if this means in takes longer for you to move in together then so be it. :hugs:

All that I can say is "wow!" To be honest with you, if that were me I wouldn't be spending much time around them because of the way they act. How controlling, yikes. It seems to me that whatever you and OH do in the future it won't be good enough for their "little boy". Have they always been like this?

I'm sorry that you have to put up with this. :hugs:

I have my own issues with my family (dad mainly, and mum lives a while away) my dad doesn't allow my OH in the house, and has never allowed any boy in the house ever sorta thing. So i've literally "got" to go to his house to see him (he lives near my mum but i only see my mum once/twice a week so can't go there with him all the time) so grr lol.

Yeah they've always been like this.. Look at this msn convo!!!

Tom <3 Katie says:
my mum said i could stay off work today
Tom <3 Katie says:
but if i stayed off then i wouldnt be able to see you so i came in so i could see you tonight

WTF he's 19 + his mum is telling him what he can and can't do after work.. I know its her house and everything but grr it really annoys me x

I'ma warn you now lol serious rant here..

I am sick to DEATH of them!!! I'm at college 20+hrs a week, work between 12 + 16hrs a week and they're STILL not happy with me :S wtf?! i thought it was MY family that should be on at me about stuff like this?

My mum thinks i shouldn't have a job yet as my college timetable is full + i'm in usually from 9am - 4:30pm. She understands that to get the grades i need for uni and to better myself etc then i'm actually gona have to work hard on my A levels at home as well as go to college, yet everytime i go to OH's (he lives at home) all i get is "you got another job yet?" and "when are you gettin a job and lettin Tom move out?" WTF how can i go to college, have 2 jobs AND see people i want to see? Yes it'll be extra money so my OH can move outa theres + move in with me sooner, but grrrrrrr it'd mean me droppin some lessons or somethin and i reaaaaally don't wanna do that! Also it'd strain mine and OH's relationship with not seeing each other much + us both being "tired" and "cba" all the time.

My OH feels the pressure too as he works full time, 5 days a week, and goes to college at nights for 3hrs for 2 nights a week. They would "ideally like" him to get a weekend/night job so that he can earn more (he's not on much atm as he's a trainee accountant and isn't qualified yet) gahhh they're a nightmare.

I know this is a bit far-fetched and not many of you will understand, but when i get pregnant i'm gona be SO tempted to not let his family see the baby much. They interfere so much + i can imagine them trying to bring the baby up as their own whenever i'm not there (as they do with OH's newborn cousin). His auntie gave birth a few weeks ago, and although she's agreed they can look after Freya (the baby) every now and again to give her a break, they still aren't satisfied and make remarks over everything she does! Bare in mind that the woman in question is about 30 and already has 3 kids so obviously knows what she is doing, and i can tell it annoys her too.

We all went to a christening at the weekend, my OH was holding the 3month old baby and allllll he heard from his Mum + Dad was "hold her properly, keep her head still, just give her here you can't hold her right" gahh wtf, it's ok for them to hold any of the babies how they want but when Tom does all he gets is screamed at so ends up puttin em down. I know that when we have children, no matter how old i am (as i know i'm very young now) they're gona say we aren't ready/wise enough/caring enough to bring a child up as we're children ourselves etc and "advise" me on evvvverything i do. I know this probably sounds silly but after looking after a doll for 2weeks that cried non-stop for childcare, i think i'm rather prepared tbh! I just wish they'd butt out. :dohh:

Sorry for this being a long post, just GRRRR lol any suggestions or comments to deal with them pleasee? xx

Hello hun.
Aww I'm sorry, they sound so irritating and bloody awkward to tolerate and get on with!
Have you ever just turned round and told them to shut up? I think that's honestly what I would do tbh.
And as for when you have a baby, I totally agree with what your saying, I think I would be the same if my OHs parents were like that. Tbh I don't think I would see them at all.
Can't you say to your dad 'Look dad I'm 16, I'm in a steady relationship. And I'm having sex! I am allowed to as I am 16, I'm not a little girl anymore so just accept Tom!!'
Do you get on with your mum?
xxx

Hello hun.
Aww I'm sorry, they sound so irritating and bloody awkward to tolerate and get on with!
Have you ever just turned round and told them to shut up? I think that's honestly what I would do tbh.
And as for when you have a baby, I totally agree with what your saying, I think I would be the same if my OHs parents were like that. Tbh I don't think I would see them at all.
Can't you say to your dad 'Look dad I'm 16, I'm in a steady relationship. And I'm having sex! I am allowed to as I am 16, I'm not a little girl anymore so just accept Tom!!'
xxx

Haha yeah i have, i'm becomin increasingly slightly "bitchy" with em and they've started to notice and say things less and less :). Ahh cannot do, my dad's VERY stubborn and just no it's not possible at all :(.

Not particularly, my mum left when i was 11 so the resentment for her has always been there sorta thing. We have a laugh and get along and such, but not enough for her to put her career 2nd to her kids and actually give us a stable life. xx

Hello hun.
xxx

Haha yeah i have, i'm becomin increasingly slightly "bitchy" with em and they've started to notice and say things less and less :). Ahh cannot do, my dad's VERY stubborn and just no it's not possible at all :(.

Not particularly, my mum left when i was 11 so the resentment for her has always been there sorta thing. We have a laugh and get along and such, but not enough for her to put her career 2nd to her kids and actually give us a stable life. xx

Oh I'm sorry to hear that about your mum :(
xxx

Sorry to hear that about your mum too. Hopefully in time your dad will come round and realise that this is a serious relationship x

i think at 16 no dad likes the thoughts of a guy around there little girl.. my dad certainly didnt but had 2 get used 2 it in the end..
if i was u id just tekl them straight sod it if they dont like.. i wouldt let anyone speak 2 me like that cheeky gits!!

i think at 16 no dad likes the thoughts of a guy around there little girl.. my dad certainly didnt but had 2 get used 2 it in the end..
if i was u id just tekl them straight sod it if they dont like.. i wouldt let anyone speak 2 me like that cheeky gits!!

Haha! Yeah i know, it winds me up that i know for a fact that the only way we'll get away from all this conflict is to stick it out until we can afford a house.. They speak to us as though they're better than me and they reckon they weren't in our position years ago! Lol i'd like to hear em tell me they had their own house together at 19, maybe yes they had a better start as they were older when they met, but it's no excuse to try and palm us off! I understand that they don't want me to be a layabout, but grr lol.. Well, rant over :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->