Grrrrr, WORK! RANT!!!!

MrsPtobe

Reaction score
Sorry girls, need to vent!

I've been up this morning since 4am with a raging sore throat, runny nose and raw chest from coughing, so rang in sick at work. I told my boss about a couple of things that need to be done this morning, she's just rang me giving me a mouthful, saying that she's on her own, really busy etc and that I told her yesterday that there wasn't anything to be done!! That's a load of rubbish, she blatantly knows what's going on there at the minute, she's the manager for flip's sake! It's not like there's anything to do, it's pressing a couple of buttons!

God, I can't wait for this next 11 weeks to go by! I can't wait to turn my back on that place and NEVER look back!

Can't believe she's ringing me and hassling me when a) I'm not bloody well, and b) I'm pregnant and can do without the stress!

Grrrrrr!

Did you know what shes doing is actually illegal? For a workplace to ring anyone who.is off sick is against the law. Plus you are pregnant which means normal rules about sickness go out the window. She is the manager so it is her responsibility to take on the workload of anyone absent; thats whats shes paid so much for. She should not be stressing you out. Id point these facts out. Let her know youre clued up and know your rights, thatll shut her up. I wouldnt stand for it and nobody should. Gpod luck hun xx

Grrrrrr this is so horrible!!! My boss was a bit like this - would make you feel really guilty if you were off and would phone up about what work she had to do 'for you' while you were off!! This has changed since I got pregnant and I think she's afraid to say anything as its such dodgy ground, mwhahaha!

Try not to stress yourself out over it, I have many times before and when you're pregnant it now way worth it! Like you say, not long to go so just laugh at her - pathetic!!!! xxx

Thanks for that girls! I didn't know it was actually illegal, hmm something to bear in mind!

She can be quite nice at times but if she gets a bee in her bonnet about something, she can be a proper witch! Like today!

Thanks again ladies.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back