Guide: Pregnancy trimesters vary depending on country

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Depending on where you live, trimesters may vary. If your country is not listed below, make a post in this thread and we'll update :)

First Trimester
US & Canada: Conception > 12 weeks
UK: Conception > 13 weeks

Second Trimester
US & Canada: 13 > 28 weeks
UK: 14 > 26 weeks

Third Trimester
US & Canada: 28 weeks > Birth
UK: 27 weeks > Birth

In the interests of website standards, BabyandBump.com starts pregnancy from the first missed period and splits 40 weeks of pregnancy into 3 equal sections:

First Trimester Forum: Conception > 13 weeks
Second Trimester Forum: 14 > 26 weeks
Third Trimester Forum: 27 weeks > Birth

I was confused, so this helps a lot!!! Thanks for posting this!

Oh now I understand, thanks Stir Crazy. That would make sense as I found out I have cousin in Canada who is 10 days behind me but already had her scan! She got to announce it before me even though I'm ahead...a bit annoying.

omg, this makes so much sense now.. my books all say 13 weeks.. but everyone here says it's 12. haha

Thankyou :) although i'm from the UK and have always been told 2nd trimester begins at 12weeks. :flow:

Really? I was told by all my docs that first tri ends after 12 weeks in Australia. Unless that really means as of the day baby "turns" 13 weeks I am in second tri?

(baby measured 13 weeks when lying on her back anyway!)

So now I am past 12 weeks am I first tri or second tri...??

I'm pretty sure UK start the second tri at 13 weeks thats what my midwife tells me and all my apps.

thanks but confused! im UK and everything points to 12 weeks ???

Depending on where you live, trimesters may vary. If your country is not listed below, make a post in this thread and we'll update :)

First Trimester

Second Trimester

Third Trimester

In the interests of website standards, BabyandBump.com starts pregnancy from the first missed period and splits 40 weeks of pregnancy into 3 equal sections:

I'm confused. If first tri ends at 13 weeks and 2nd tri begins at 14 weeks, where would someone who is 13w4d be?

First Trimester

Second Trimester

Third Trimester

I'm confused. If first tri ends at 13 weeks and 2nd tri begins at 14 weeks, where would someone who is 13w4d be?

13+4 is first tri. You hit second tri at 14 weeks and third tri at 27 x

Only just read this...very helpful! Thank you x

I'm gonna guess that Ireland is the same as UK weeks :)

Thank you B&B for making some uniformity! :thumbup:
My MW told me 14 weeks is 1st tri. :shrug:

Hi,
Nice information shared here about Pregnancy trimesters. Really very much informative.

Thanks for sharing !!

I remember being over the moon with DD at 12 weeks to start the 2nd trimester, and then being told the correct weeks. I'm now over the moon with this little love bug at 14 weeks :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->