Guilt over nursery bugs

BabyBrave

Reaction score
Anyone else feel this? My wee man goes in two mornings a week to give me a break as we're far from any support and hubby is away with work a lot. Wee man is supposed to start three days a week this coming week as I'm soon starting my part-time PhD.

Problem is he keeps getting bugs and it breaks my heart to see him unwell. Today he is just so tired and just wants to cuddle (very unlike him as he's usually far too busy for cuddles LOL).

My conscience is killing me about putting him in more - or at all! I know the PhD is a life long dream and could result in a great job when kids are of school age but can I justify it?

Is there any way to effectively work part-time as a full-time mum? :shrug:

Sounds like you're being super hard on yourself. I compltely understand you needing to pop in nursery a couple of mornings a week and you dont even need to justify that. It's SO hard looking after a little one without having family support to either take the baby, or for you to drop the baby off for an hour or two so you can clean, go to the dentist or even get your hair done!

Nursery and germs go hand in hand sadly. On the upside, it is said you are strengthening lo's immune sytem, so imagine him having a lot less illnesses when he starts school!

You are there to comfort him when he's poorly, and he wont remember being ill at all at this age. You need your time!!! It makes you a happy mummy for him for the rest of the time you are together.

Spring is on the way - hopefully less poorly times ahead.
xxxx

Don't beat your self up over it. He will be much healthier when he starts school. I run a home daycare and I can tell you first hand that the first year a child starts care is the worst for cold and flu. They will catch everything any other child has. But once they have the first year under their belt they usually become immune to most of their friends germs. Just think of the job you will be able to have when you are done your PHd and provide for your family. A few sniffles here and there won't matter then, its also good for your DS to get out and socialize with others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"