Guilty pleasure names

I don't know if this is a guilty pleasure name but i always get looks when i talk about it, the name, Poppy. I just think its such a cute name and should be used more.

My friend named her daughter Poppy. Her husband is greek and its short for Penelope. Agreed it is cute! I also like Daisy :)

I've gotta admiring love the name Nelly but that was my first cat's name, my parents had her since before I was born and she died when I was 8, so she made a fair old impression in my young life, it wouldn't feel right to use her name again...

I like Magnus for a boy, but would never use it for a couple of reasons. First of all, some cruel kid could easily turn it to 'Maggie' but it's also as pretentious as hell given the meaning. Plus, the only recent usage I can think of for name is the Marvel Comics character of Magneto as that's his real name.

My youngest is Magnus :haha:

DH wanted that name for our first and I absolutely HATED it! Over the years it grew on me and now I love it. I couldn't imagine him by any other name. Of course I notice it all the time now. Here are some recent-ish uses off the top of my head:

Magnus ver Magnussen (world's strongest man)
Magnus Carllsen (chess grand master)
Miss Honey's dad in the movie Matilda
one episode of Scooby Doo features Mr. Magnus
Transformers: Optimus Prime's brother is Ultra Magnus

Most recent and thrilling to my son who plays Warhammer 40K, the leader of Chaos is Magnus the Red.

He loves his name. He gets complimented on it all the time. Interesting, I never thought of it as pretentious before. It means great.

My family foster children...so quite often a lot of names are ruined for me... as im reminded of those not always angel children.....

my current guilty pleasure name is

Arthur Douglass <3

just love it

Girls: Lexington, Kensington or Temperance ... but hubby says NO WAY! :( lol
Boys: Dax, Sage or Maxwell ... but again hubby says no.

I really love Arya for a girl (too much Game of Thrones!). I'm actually wishing I'd watched it sooner so I could of named DD it, so tempted to change her name :haha:

If I had boy/girl twins then Luke & Leia

Other names I like but won't be using
Azaria
Ayisha
Kahlia
Talitha
India
Autumn
Harrison (2nd name is Morrison so would sound like a law firm!)
Harper
Jack Daniels

I love Amadeus. I'm not kidding; I LOVE it! I seriously wanted to name my son that! OH said NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Maybe a future pet. :)

I've loved loved loved the name Weston for the longest, but OH's nephew is named Easton. OH said "That's not that big of a deal!" I said, "Oh, okay then! How about me name out daughter Southston then??" with an eye roll. :haha:

It also doesn't go super well with the surname, but it would have been highly considered if it weren't for the nephew!

Girls: Lexington, Kensington or Temperance ... but hubby says NO WAY! :( lol
Boys: Dax, Sage or Maxwell ... but again hubby says no.
Oooh, I love the name Temperance, it's so classic and beautiful.

Boys: Jacob, Jasper, Sirius, Walter, and Rupert
Girls: Aurora, Renesmee, Rosalie

Yes, I am a huge Twilight fan and I wish I could use almost all the names in the book more so because I just love the older style names, but hubby is adamantly refusing to let any name onto the list that could be associated with Twilight. :blush:

I really like the name Apple for a girl, though couldn't imagine using it. :flower:

Mine would be Everly and Lulubelle for a girl and Phineas for a boy. OH wouldn't use any of them and I wouldn't be able to use Lulubelle just because its too much for me but I find it so cute!!!

Rossella
Farrah
Fawn
Quinn
Sunny
Honey
Willow
Rome
Aurora
Blaire
Tallulah
Primrose

DH wouldnt ever go for any of them! I love them and don't personally think they are too out there!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->