Gush of fluid and then blood at nearly 9 weeks

Hopeful27yrs

Reaction score
Have had a horrible night - when I went to bed I put my progesterone pessary (IVF pregnancy) in and thought I could see a little pink in my cervical mucous. This wasn't a lot but my cervix was sore when I used the pessary. Was a little concerned but went to bed thinking feet up will help. Woke at 2 am with a gush of fluid - rushed to the toilet and pinkish sticky mucousy fluid came out which reminded me of my waters with DD1. Was obviously concerned but at 2am I put a pad on and went back to bed.

5:30am another gush and watery fresh blood filled pad and ++ into toilet. No clots no pain. It's completely settled now apart from a bit of pink in the cervical mucous like last night. Staying in bed and have scan with fertility clinic at 4:30. Concerned the worst has happened. Have done some reading online and sub chorionic haemorrhage sounds the closest but had this with DD1 and asked specifically at our scan 2 weeks ago if there was anything on it.

Worried

I have no advice but wanted to say good luck with your scan. Hope all is ok!

Very best of luck.
Google is def not our friend whilst pregnant

Scan went well. Baby wriggling around with a perfect HR. As suspected a subchorionic bleed and a big one so I'm on bed rest now till 12 weeks. Passed a fairly sizeable clot earlier so i thought the worst. Theres still a fair few clots around the sac which will prob make their way out so will have to endure more bleeding. Another scan Monday.

Thank you everyone xxx

I'm so happy to hear that your LO is ok. SCHs seem to be so common. So scary but I'm glad that you were able to get a scan and put your mind more at ease fairly quickly.

thank you everyone So mentally exhausted from little sleep and worrying. Need an early night

Saw your post and I took me back to when I was pregnant. I had a sch like you too with my little boy.
I bled quite a lot, but took it easy and all was fine.

My one but of advice is if you can, rest up whilst you have red bleeding. I didn't and had a second gush of blood. Then I put myself in bed and it helped massively.

Good luck, you'll be fine x

Thank you - means a lot for your reply. I'm a little sore in the lower tummy but mainly positional. Going to put my feet up in bed and watch something mindless :) xxx

Sounds good. I know it's horrible, and so stressful. But you must do your best to relax. Drink plenty of water too-this helps.
There's a good support group on here for this on pregnancy groups. It had pages of posts from people (some from me too) of people in the same situation. It really helped to see others there for support too)
:flower:

Scan pic as promised - you can see the collection of blood around the whole sac. Resting up today after seeing GP. Altered blood mostly at the moment

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583