gutted about birthday.

welshcowgirl

mum to 3 ds and pg
Reaction score
I know I am going to sound like a spoilt brat now... so please forgive me.

Its my birthday a week tomorrow(4th) and I am really not looking forward to it.

Me and dp have already decided not to bother with each others birthday (his in oct) which im sad about, but understand.

I know my brother has bought me some blankets for baby, and my mum is going to get me some new nightys for hospital. I know they are only trying to help out, but its my birthday, not babys.

Plus 2 days before my bday is my dp sons birthday too, and as we only have them at weekends, on the friday evening we pick them up, it will then be all about him, which I understand, as hes a child.

I have had a bit of a rough pregnancy so far, and was kinda looking forward to one day of being spoilt. but no such luck.

Thanks for reading, if you got this far. xxx

sorry your feeling a little sad.. but i just love birthdays so unfortunatly i wud have told DH we are doin somethin even if its just somethin like goin out for meal. x
sending you bday wishes for next week.:cake: x x

:flower::hugs::hugs::hugs:i wish u lots of happines on ur birthday...dont know why u dont wanna bother each other on ur bday...:shrug:my hubby doest give me any thing on bday ...but he never forget flowers and a cake....but anyways...:hugs::hugs::cake:happy birth day in advance

:( sorry you are feeling sad about it. It is understandable and you don't sound selfish. I spent my birthday this year being sick all day (hyperemesis week 6-28ish) So I hope you have a nice day and you dont feel to blue in the lead up to it xxxx

thanks girls.

we not bothering with each others bdays as we cant afford too. with baby due in nov, and wedding in may. plus 2 days before my bday is his youngest's bday and then 2 days before his is his other ds birthday. I wanted to get him somthing special for his bday as he is 30, but he wont have any of it. and we cant go out for mine as he has his kids from friday night till sunday night. plus it will just be me and my ds on my bday as dp working all day and so is my mum.

Sorry just feeling sorry for myself. xxx

you don't sound spoilt at all, I also spent my birthday and my 5th wedding anniversary being sick as I have had hyperemesis since 6 weeks and we just deided we would make up for it after. But your hubby could stil get you a card maybe some flowers and make you a nice meal at home if you're up to it, it doesn't have to cost much for him to make you feel special for 1 day :hugs:

oh you poor thing craftymum... bet it was very frustrating as you couldnt do anything about it.

I am sure he will get me a card (will really see my bum if he dont) but as for a meal in the evening, we cant, as soon as dp finishes work, we travel the 30 mins to his mums to collect his boys, and his mum always does us something to eat.

I guess I am partually feeling the way I am is cause he is going out for his birthday without me. his dad has bought him a ticket to a gig, as his dad is also going for his own birthday.

xxxx

Awwww! It doesn't have to cost anything! Tell dp to get some imagination and come up with a freebie present!!! I bought a nice notebook one year and wrote out a 'voucher' on every page for my OH... your dp could do the same... 6 x I will change the baby's nappy, 6 x I'll make dinner tonight, 3 x I'll get the shopping in this week.... etc....

Have a lovely birthday!

thanks for the idea.... but he not like that... he isnt into that kind of thing.

i will prob end up going to a cafe or something with my ds for some dinner.

It doesnt have to be expensive - and you SHOULD be spoiled on your birthday - even if he runs you a hot bath, puts out the candles for you, rents/buys your fave dvd, etc. Silly little things can go a long way.

Hope you have a LOVELY birthday.
xxx

I don't know how serious the financial situation is, but we had our wedding anniversary this Monday, I felt really down, as my OH forgot it (I knew it from the emails he sent me during the day), but I went out to get a brushing of my hair, did my make-up and felt pretty and confident and put me in a good mood, so I didn't feel let down by lack of flowers, etc.

Try maybe to give yourself something nice, or do at home something nice that relaxes you. Happy birthday :flower: :hugs:

aww thanks girls.... my dp isnt very thoughtful so it will be down to me to make it special. it dont help that i feelin a bit rough at the min and suffer from depression, so pent half the morning crying.

*hugs*

my baby is due on my Oh's birthday, and the day before mine

we're just going out for an indian with another couple next weekend, so that our celebrations are out of the way

maybe your fella will suprise you once the kids have gone after the weekend, even if it's a nice relaxing evening in with him pandering to your every wish! (although blokes never end up seeing it through, lol)

but just think, next year you'll get another present from the baby!

*hugs*

yes i am planning on a big day for next year, as i will be 30.. weather dh likes it or not.. lol. will be differnt next year as baby and wedding would have been.. so hopefully we be better financially.

Thanks to everyone who replied, feeling better about it now. its only one day, and I will make sure me and ds get a treat of having lunch out if nothing else. xxxx

me and OH decided not to bother with birthdays or Christmas, but i always get him something either way. I always kind of secretly wish i was surprised by him, but nope he sticks to what we said. I don't spend a fortune on him but normally buy him some clothes aftershave etc. Would be nice to be surprised for a change, but he's not that kind of guy lol x

yeah thats what I am like, even though we agree not to bother, I am still thinking what to get him. But this year if he really doesnt get me anything I will really see my bum.

This is only our 2 birthdays together, as we only been together 18 months or so. this time last year we where both on holiday, seperate ones with our familys as they been booked before we met. and he bought me the most gorgeous necklace. but still we didnt bother doing anything for my bday as we where both to skint form hols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->