gutteeddd! baby names :(

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
:rofl:so we finally get a name we both love!!!! Thrilled to bits and even choosing nursery wall lettering off tinternet and everything.

then this morning, I spy someone on this forum advertising that they are using the name too.. haha daang! I know we can use the same name, I just wanted it to be special though.. I even played with alternate spellings but to no decent avail. So we are either back to square one choosing a new name, or discussing with hubby how to make the original name our own. I do know alot of people using the same name, i just didnt want to be one of them. Im sure we will think of something, she wont be called cashew for the rest of her life! lolol:hug:
xxxxx

Oh dear...im sure you will think of something! We keep changing our mind about a girls name anyway so maybe have a few to choose from on the day?

Awww hun. I say go by the name that you both LOVE! It is more important for you to love it than worry that someone else has picked it. Just as long as they aren't like your neighbour or a family member I see no issue with someone on here having the same name.
When I was thinking of boys names I was getting so annoyed as they were all taken by friends or family as boys seem to be the popular thing my end and we picked a name but I didn't love it so was pleased when discovered we had a girl as we both preferred the name. Although I wouldn't have minded we probably wouldn't have settled on a name until 'birth' day!
We had our girls name chosen for about 4-5 years and as it isn't an English name we didn't think it would be too popular. I joined here and then saw that someones actual forum name was the name we had picked and I thought hmmm but it was a split second and then I thought f**k it, we picked it years ago and we both agree on it so what does it matter.

I say go with the name you love. TELL ME WHAT IT IS NOW!!!

Ive seen the name i want ONCE on here ... it hasnt bothered me though, but it would if i saw it more than a handful of times.

thanks girls :) your so sweet, i think its just hormones lol! Hey holly, imagine if we both spotted the same name!! i have only seen it once too! dun dun duuuunnnn! hahahahaha xxxx

You gonna tell us melbo?? I personally dont think it matters 1 person out of however people there are on this site isnt bad going! And you prob dont live anywhere near them!!

i will tell soon when its definate. The name is not uncommon, so I guess im being silly that others on here have chosen it too :D
xx hormones... uuyy!

Yeah, unless you're going to live next door to them, I wouldn't worry!

Now spill the beans woman!!!!!!

Ohhh i wonder what it is lol...
I think out of all the people on this site , If you only see it once hun .. Then go for it .
Like many others seen a few people say they have thought about the name iam using , But no more than once or twice so iam not worried :) .
Its strange as when Layla was born No laylas were around really it was quiet uncommon .. Then all of a sudden it popped up every where lol . Same with Finnley allthow i did spell it different .
Good luck . xxx .

thanks girls :) your so sweet, i think its just hormones lol! Hey holly, imagine if we both spotted the same name!! i have only seen it once too! dun dun duuuunnnn! hahahahaha xxxx

:rofl::rofl: that would be really freaky ...

I havent seen anyone preggers using the name, but there is a baby on here with it.

But like you, if i saw it a few times id prob get the hump and change my mind :muaha:

Ha ha there is someone on here that is using the same names i want for boy and girl!! :( Kinda made me sad when i saw it too but i dont care now cos i loooove the names!!

I have yet to see another Savannah, which surprises me coz it's such a pretty name. Seen plenty of Graces as middle names though.

i think ud be lucky if u found a name that out of the amount of ppl tht come on here nobody has got

I think I've only seen one other Sophie, which is odd because it's a common name. We were considering changing it to Amelia Rose though!

I want to know what the name is now! lol

i think ud be lucky if u found a name that out of the amount of ppl tht come on here nobody has got

there are alot more names out there than members of this forum lol..
I just need to get over it and just change the name a bit, maybe get rid of the second part and use something else..

EXAMPLE
ELLIE-MAY would change to ELLIE-something else.
The odds of choosing the same double barrel first name as someone else is not likely, however, i manged it somehow lol!!:hissy:

i know what you mean about hearing the same name !

We have only thought of 1 boys name we both like and agree on but we have since heard of 7 born in the last 18 months !!

So we are back to square one !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->