Gym advice please?

christina1612

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Not sure if anyone on here can help, but I'm looking for advice for the best things to do at the gym really? I'm a size 18, pear like figure and I've never really been fit tbh. Does anyone on here go on a regular basis that can give me some idea of the best routine to help me lose weight/get fitter?

Thanks in advance xx

Hi :)

Your size alone without knowing your height or general bone structure will not say a whole lot about how much weight you need to lose -- I'm a 14/16 but since I'm 5'8 it looks different on me that it might on somebody who is 5'3. :)

When I use equipment at the gym I like to do interval training, which is a more effective way to burn calories. For example, if I use an elliptical, I might go 1 minute at a fast pace with a high resistance, and 1 minute at a moderate/slower pace with very little resistance to "rest". I would do this for 15-20 minutes with a warm up and a cool down before and after. :) You can also do this on the stationary bikes or treadmill. Just play around with the settings and figure out what challenges you and what is easiest for you, and be CAREFUL not to push yourself too hard or you might injure yourself! <3

I also find that lifting weights makes me feel good and look a bit better, because once you get fat off with cardio, your muscles will look good (and it's just so good for your health in general, especially as a woman).

Thanks, well my height is 5'4' and current weight is 14st 7lbs. Yeah I've heard interval training is very good x

I have had a good gym routine for about 10yrs- and I did initially lose a little weight- and I toned up for sure! But, what you eat will make the most difference. So a good combination can do great :)

Personally I love classes- I'm more motivated around others and push myself harder than on my own. I started off with cardio- eventually adding in light weights- then upping the weights over time as I got stronger... and now, I do Zumba, Step and power (which is an all over weight resistence class)- I do my power twice a week and Zumba twice and step 1-2x's. Otherwise I'll just go do some cardio on the elliptical or another cardio machine on an "off" day. I figure, the more calories I burn, the more I can EAT! lol

You might want to go to the gym and ask an instructor for advise- ways to work out and feel healthier overall.

btw- I went from a size 14 to 8. It took time... and effort... and I had times I kinda just platueued as my body fought losing more weight... but eventually, I got there :)

I LOVE the classes too!! Like seoj I am more motivated and competitive when I am doing things with other people. I do Multimix on Mon (areobics with some weights) Zumba and abs Tue and Thur, Wed I do Muscle max which is weights and toning, then Fri and Sat I try to do between 4 and 6 miles on the Elliptical, starting off on the Weight Loss setting, then when I have finished that I just go at a fairly fast pace until I hit the distance or time I want. Then Sunday is my rest day. I'm stuggling with the eating though. I have been eating WAY healthier and cleaner, but I have a big problem with portion control, I eat really fast:blush: I'm working on that one lol

For me its weight lifting (heavy) and a few interval sessions a week. You can work out to your hearts content but its diet that actually counts. You need to make sure you're eating healthily. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->