gym workouts - not losing any weight

starangel27

Reaction score
hi

im trying to lose possibly a stone & half i joined the gym 9 days ago an have been 4 times an hour workout at a time and also trying to eat pretty sensible i really expected to lose some weight but im exactly the same. How long does it take to see the results if i stick to a good workout 3 times a week? i know i havnt gave it long im just impatient & want to get into some of my old clothes again.
Also just wondering if any1 can give me tips on healthy easy meals through the day?

x

You should be doing cardio or some exercise that will have your heart rate above 155 bpm for at least a half hour a day to be burning off calories. I burn 300-500 calories a day on the treadmill.
If your not sweating, you're not workingout! Hope this helps. :)

hi

im trying to lose possibly a stone & half i joined the gym 9 days ago an have been 4 times an hour workout at a time and also trying to eat pretty sensible i really expected to lose some weight but im exactly the same. How long does it take to see the results if i stick to a good workout 3 times a week? i know i havnt gave it long im just impatient & want to get into some of my old clothes again.
Also just wondering if any1 can give me tips on healthy easy meals through the day?

x

I've been having a similar problem. I started my diet two weeks ago, I do an hour of my workout DVD 3/4 times a week and I use my exercise bike too. I've been eating healthy (though there's been a few times I've given in to temptation) but I still haven't lost any weight.

I'm sure you'll get there eventually, just make sure you get a good sweat on at the Gym. You could even speak to a fitness instructor there, see what they advise would be the best workout for you. Good luck! xx

What are you doing at the gym? i wouldn't soley do cardio tbh. You need to lift some weights so build up muscles and burn more fat. Lifting burns loads of calories whilst you do it too.
Also, I know you said eating healthier but if you're still eating crap, you won't lose much weight even with exercise.

I started working out last Monday and do it 6 times a week and I see a difference already (cardio alternated with lifting).

It takes several months of consistent effort in a gym to start to really see a change, TBH, and at least a year for any major change. This is why so many people give up without seeing results.

You can see my progress pictures here in my journal, that's a solid 6 months of 3-4x a week weightlifting with minimal cardio and good diet. You will need to be more patient. Personally, I hate cardio, I actually work up a harder sweat doing my weights than the average person running. But the most important exercise is the one you stick with, so if you prefer cardio, then do whatever gets done.

Also, you will retain water for several weeks during the initial phase of an exercise routine, so do not expect any major losses (or any at all) for the first 4-6 weeks. If you see it, great, but if not, that doesn't mean you aren't getting results

And as blah says, you can bust your balls all day long in the gym but if you're eating more calories than you should, you won't get any results.

https://www.babyandbump.com/dieting...l-my-new-post-baby-diet-exercise-journal.html

Took good 6+ months to see results last year i exercised 6 days a week & eat very well, stick at it, it will happen.

Hey,
I agree with Blah, Aliss, and Lei.
Post up your gym routine too, and we'll see if we can help you.
xx

What are you doing at the gym? i wouldn't soley do cardio tbh. You need to lift some weights so build up muscles and burn more fat. Lifting burns loads of calories whilst you do it too.
Also, I know you said eating healthier but if you're still eating crap, you won't lose much weight even with exercise.

I started working out last Monday and do it 6 times a week and I see a difference already (cardio alternated with lifting).

ive been doing alsorts realy i spoke to my instructor & he set up a schedule for me for treadmill, rowing machine & few diff ab machinesw. its been 3 weeks now only lost 1lb im mainly eating salads thru day as its easy to make & spag bol on a night.

ive been doing alsorts realy i spoke to my instructor & he set up a schedule for me for treadmill, rowing machine & few diff ab machinesw. its been 3 weeks now only lost 1lb im mainly eating salads thru day as its easy to make & spag bol on a night.

This is what springs to mind off what you said

- are you eating enoug calories? If only salad and 1 main meal i doubt thats 1200 calories if your exercising your knocking this down, then need eat to put it back up.
- dont sound like your eating a balanced diet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->