Gymaholics/Weight lifting moms

KimmieHawkins

Reaction score
How are you moms holding up? I'm 5 weeks and 5 days along Doc says I can continue to train, but stay at my current weight lifting limit then lighten up as the pregnancy progress and just listen to my body.

I no longer do abs bc baby does not agree....I get the strong urge to vomit. lol But right now I'm still able to do 4 miles cycling and 1hr of weights. I bumped my squats down to 235lbs and benching/arms to 90lbs.

My husband had JUST started me on weight training which ive stopped for now because my body isn't used to it. But I am a runner so ive been trying to keep up with gentle exercise on my treadmill but the bloat and being tired doesn't help.

All my husband hears is "as soon as we've had this baby I want to get back into it!" He's currently training for the London marathon and I just feel fat watching him. Hahaha

You can squat over 100kg?! Dayum!

I'm still lifting, but I'm not anywhere near that strong so I don't worry about it. I want to have a fit pregnancy this time.

I used to dead lift 100kg+ and row a fair bit. Ive knocked it on the head for now, going to start swimming to keep me active. Hubby is a PT and British record holding powerlifter so I'm in safe hands but I just don't feel confident with it!

You can squat over 100kg?! Dayum!

I'm still lifting, but I'm not anywhere near that strong so I don't worry about it. I want to have a fit pregnancy this time.

yea, my max out was 300lbs. but I know that would be way too much as I could barely do that without my womb raider. I've always wanted to be a runner but with my old college cheer injuries I have to substitute for the bike.

I used to dead lift 100kg+ and row a fair bit. Ive knocked it on the head for now, going to start swimming to keep me active. Hubby is a PT and British record holding powerlifter so I'm in safe hands but I just don't feel confident with it!

you're in very good hands! lol my hubby has won a few local strong man competitions but nothing too serious.

I have been running about two miles a day for the past month and lifting some weights. I just got my BFP so Im not even 4 weeks yet and it's a little early to be thinking like this I feel. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right.

I'm about to go run but I worry I'm overdoing it and should just take it easy for a few weeks. Last pregnancy I had pre eclampsia so I'd really like to exercise as long as my body will allow me to hopefully not go through that agai

I have been running about two miles a day for the past month and lifting some weights. I just got my BFP so Im not even 4 weeks yet and it's a little early to be thinking like this I feel. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right.

I'm about to go run but I worry I'm overdoing it and should just take it easy for a few weeks. Last pregnancy I had pre eclampsia so I'd really like to exercise as long as my body will allow me to hopefully not go through that agai

Good luck!!!!

Im still runing and lifting. But its killing me :haha: ive already slowed down the treadmill and im only 5 weeks. Im just listening to my body but i want to keep gyming as long as possible

Tbh it was nearly puking on a treadmill that made me test.

Props to your mad fitness!

Before I had any kids I was quite active, doing some lifting, some running, squats/pushups etc. But after the second kid I have so much less time... I'm now mildly active: I try to do zumba once a week, and run or cycle once a week, but no more lifting currently.

In my first pregnancy I kept lifting but like you said, listen to your body. I stopped doing most ab/core workouts after the 4th month (e.g. nothing lying on back). I did a mad cycle run (over a mountain) during my first Tri but I would not do that again, LOL! My doc told me to lay way off when I was 7 months preg with DS1 since I developed intrauterine growth restriction (e.g., baby was barely growing) which meant I had to stop doing anything strenuous. I only found this out due to an ultrasound... otherwise I felt fine. So after 6 months you might want to cut back/get some advice on how you should keep going. But everyone/every pregnancy is different.

Im still runing and lifting. But its killing me :haha: ive already slowed down the treadmill and im only 5 weeks. Im just listening to my body but i want to keep gyming as long as possible

Tbh it was nearly puking on a treadmill that made me test.

Lol same! I was doing abs one day and the urge to vomit was terrible. Sure enough I got a womb raider.

Do any of you lift at home? I find it hard to motivate myself to keep doing it and thinking "I'll do my work out later"...and never getting round to it! We have a set of olympic weights in our garage.

My fitbit also says I have been very lazy, I was averaging 25,000 steps now down to about 15,000 :-(.

I dont do anything at home. Once my bum hits the sofa it stays there lmao. Id love an at home gym though, maybe when i win the lottery :rofl:

Do any of you lift at home? I find it hard to motivate myself to keep doing it and thinking "I'll do my work out later"...and never getting round to it! We have a set of olympic weights in our garage.

My fitbit also says I have been very lazy, I was averaging 25,000 steps now down to about 15,000 :-(.

No, I HAVE to go a gym. if I was at home I wouldn't push myself. So we have a family gym membership and we all go together even the kiddos.

I'm glad this thread exists! I was doing pretty good weeks 4-8, not really changing anything at all and lifting about the same. Then I got a sinus infection that totally wrecked me! Between weeks 8 & 9 I probably only went to the gym 3 times, and they were weak workouts. Coughing all night took a lot out of me.

Now that the sinus infection is under control I am getting back to the gym (just started again monday), but I'm finding that I am getting light headed very easily. I have to work really slow, if I go to fast, I will literally fall over (did once, SUPER embarrassing!) my balance is also all out of sorts!

Anyone else having these sort of issues, if so what do you so to make it better? It's mostly the light headedness and balance that is causing me problems.

TIA!!!

We have a functional tRainer and treadmill at home. We used to pay over a hundred dollars a month at a fancy gym where I'd put my daughter in their daycare. I felt bad as I was already missing out on so much time with her by working full time.

She gets to run around and ride her bike in the basement while I work out. I feel like I save so much time too by not having to drive to the gym and back. I use those as my motivation. Other than an injury and illness I've been pretty consistent with my workouts at home.

I used to only do weights at home, before kids and when I had just 1 child and a basement, lol. Now we don't have the space for a home gym/work out area, hence no more lifting :-/ It is tough to stay motivated though. I used to just say to myself "don't think, just do it", and get it done. Now I feel so lazy lol.

We have a home gym with a treadmill, my triathlon bike set up on a trainer in the winter, and a lot of free weights. I find it way easier to work out at home because we live in the country and it's about a 20 min drive into the city to go to the gym, there's no way I'd have the motivation for that! I was still running and doing some weight training until about 5 months pregnant and then it just became way too uncomfortable, and I felt like I had to pee every 5 minutes. After that I just did a lot of walking/hiking with the dogs. Now I can barely walk 30 minutes before my pelvis starts aching, but I am almost at my due date. I desperately miss exercising, but there's just no way I could keep up with my usual pace so I just went with what felt comfortable. I am doing Ironman Canada 8 months after the baby is born, so once I evict this baby I will hopefully get back to training regularly. This will be another time when I love having my home gym, so I don't have to leave my little baby to go to the gym.

Hey just wanted to say that I had to give up running/sprint training/plyometrics pretty early on. I'm now nearing 25 weeks and still weight lifting and doing circuits, in fact I've managed to increase my reps/circuits and improve on times and tbh feel a lot fitter than before I was pregnant. I haven't increased my weights but aside from that nothing else has changed with regards to the way I work out. I even think baby enjoys it and although my cravings were horribly unhealthy early on this last month or so I've managed to reign it all back in to eating clean and healthy and haven't gained weight aside from baby. Everything is happy and healthy. Im trying to keep ontop of it all as a couple months after baby is born I'm doing my PT/Fitness training course and possibly doing a half triathlon etc.

I'm glad this thread exists! I was doing pretty good weeks 4-8, not really changing anything at all and lifting about the same. Then I got a sinus infection that totally wrecked me! Between weeks 8 & 9 I probably only went to the gym 3 times, and they were weak workouts. Coughing all night took a lot out of me.

Now that the sinus infection is under control I am getting back to the gym (just started again monday), but I'm finding that I am getting light headed very easily. I have to work really slow, if I go to fast, I will literally fall over (did once, SUPER embarrassing!) my balance is also all out of sorts!

Anyone else having these sort of issues, if so what do you so to make it better? It's mostly the light headedness and balance that is causing me problems.

TIA!!!

I'm getting lightheaded and dizzy too, and body feels off balance, I almost fell over backwards yesterday doing squats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->