Gynaecologist advice

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
Hi I’m just wondering what a gynaecologist (not fertility clinic) will do if I get a referral if I’ve already had bloods, scans and swabs come back clear. The past 4 years of ttc I’ve had either periods 100 days apart or bleeding/spotting for long periods of time. I’ve had bloods that came back fine, scans have came back fine the latest in December 2017 all fine and I’m waiting for a appointment for another one which will probably come back fine. I’ve already been to the fertility clinic and been told I don’t ovulate but all they can do is offer clomid but not until my bmi is 30 or below. My dr asked if I had seen gynaecologist at my last app and I said no so I’m hoping she will refer me once I had my scan. I have a few symptoms of pcos (irregular cycles, spotting/period for long periods of time, excess hair, overweight) but bloods and scans come back fine so it’s not that. What else could possibly cause my wacky cycles. I just want to know what different a gynaecologist can do when I’ve already had bloods & scan. Im in the U.K. I’m not sure if that makes a difference. If it’s not hormonal what else could it possibly be. I’ve already tried natural things like vitex and soy to encourage ovulation and it did work a few times on each but then stopped working and when I was ovulating my lp was 8-10 days long and nothing happened. My blood tests have always been done at random times in my cycle I’m not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Hey You sound just like me! I have been ttc for nearly 3 years I am under a Gyno now as my periods are all over the place I have got to get my bmi under 30 aswell but I have put myself on a really strict diet so I have managed to go from 13 stone 11 to 12.8 currently in 4 weeks I have got an appointment booked for the 3th of September to get my tubes cleaned this is why I need to get my bmi down. My husband has had his sperm tested and all fine with him I have had sti test done and all clear so my next step like I say is to get my tubes done and if they are all clear they will start me on clomid xx

Hi, the fertility clinic mentioned checking tubes but they wanted to try clomid first but getting my bmi down just isn’t working. I’m 10lbs down currently I have 3 st 2lbs to lose not a lot I know but it seems a lot to me. I seem to get to 10lbs and the scales stop moving it’s very frustrating. 12 stone is when my bmi will be 30. My partner had his sperm checked twice all fine it’s just me it’s so frustrating. Since I still don’t have my scan date yet and I won’t see the dr til after the scan I’m hoping I can at least lose a further 10lbs before seeing her again. They did give me some weight loss pills but I’m too scared to take them as they do have bad bowel side effects and I’ve read more than enough reviews and known people who have taken them to put me off. I am willing to give them a try but not until after the summer holidays as I am out a lot with my son and not always near a toilet.

O I see that strange my clinic wants to check my tubes first then try clomid as basically said no poin in trying clomid if my tubes are blocked. how strange the different things clinics do. How annoying about your weight lose tho! I need to get to 12.1 for my bmi to be at 29.9 we must be around the same height I am 5ft 3 I am currently at 12.5 as of this morning and have my next gyno appointment booked in for the 3rd of September to check my weight and book me in for my tube test I am guessing x

I’m 5.3 too, my weights still the same but still 10lb down so better than a gain. I struggle with diets I’m such a picky eater. I currently count calories. I used to do quite well with this when I had my exercise bike but then my legs started to ache constantly and I was diagnosed with hyper mobility, it’s managed with pain killers but i still struggle exercise wise. Exercising meant I could earn more calories and I had quite good losses that way. So now the losses are smaller and it’s taking longer to do but I need to stick with it. The clinic told me they would check tubes after because I have already had a child but people can have blockages after having children. I have my scan on the 11th so I can book to see the dr a few days later and see what she says. All my bloods came back except there was sign of inflammation but I think that’s because I have a auto immune disease so I had to get them repeated. Well done with your weight loss :) hopefully everything will be fine when your tubes get checked. I’m at the point where i don’t want there to be anything wrong but i almost wish there was so it can be helped. I just finished my period last week only to start spotting 2 days later. I’ve been bleeding 8 weeks now. It’s hard I find when I’m bleeding I am more hungry which isn’t helpful when dieting x

Haha I totally get that I am currently on haha. I have a daughter she will be four in September but they said the two top reason for secondary fertility problems is either blocked tubes or sperm count but my husband sperm is fine and obvious we have a daughter together I mean I have cut out carbs of a evening so dinner of meat and veg and if I do have carbs it’s in the afternoon but I try and just eat more fruit and veg and drink plenty. Sorry to here about your hyper mobility that must make things a lot harder for you x

It does it also comes with extreme fatigue, I’ve been to the drs so many times because of how painful and tiring it is but apparently it’s normal. So strange that it only started after I had my son. I’m a serious carb lover it’s something I struggle badly with reducing. I always have snacks in the evening and they have carbs I should really try at least get the carb amount down in the evenings. Yeah my partners sperm is fine. He has 3 children and 5 pregnancies while I have 2 pregnancies and 1 child our son is ours together. Ttc my son was so much easier than now. I wonder if it’s because they diagnosed anovulatory cycles that they think that’s the only reason for not conceiving. Maybe if I get referred to a gynaecologist they will have a different input x

Yeah I’m in the uk, I’ve been pushing it for ages but the previous drs just wouldn’t budge but this dr asked me if I had seen one about my problems and I hadn’t so I’m hoping she will refer she’s been the most helpful though x

That’s great I can’t complain about mine they sorted out really quick I only went in April About my period and not falling pregnant so it has been pretty quick and would have been quicker if I didn’t have a high bmi oops haha x

My weight is slowing me down too, I’m going to plan my meals out for next week. 3 st 2lbs could be gone by early next year if I stick to it. That would be perfect. Although I would like to be lighter than that eventually but one goal at a time. I have asked for advice in different places and have gotten a few responses from people who’s weight have effect them conceiving they found they wouldn’t ovulate or would have long cycles then when they were below a certain weight they would become regular. It’s strange how the body works. I’ve always said my body doesn’t seem to handle being overweight very well. I do hope that losing weight will not only help me conceive but also have a positive effect on my hyper mobility and I’ll have less pain. Fingers crossed x

I’ve been having fertile signs, possibly ovulating or just gearing up to ovulate. Since I’m not temping or using opks I have no idea. I guess if I don’t get my period in 2 weeks I’ll just take a test to check.

Oooo that’s amazing I am
Keeping everything crossed for you x

I’ve only ovulated once by myself in the 4 years of ttc so it will be interesting to see if my period arrives in 10 days. My lp is only 10 days max it used to be 13/14 when ttc my son but ever since the longest 10 when I ovulated using soy and vitex. I had sharp pains for a few seconds on the left side in the early hours of last night and I was super gassy which when ttc my son was my post ovulation symptom every 1dpo but all my ovulation symptoms changed when ttc this time. I’m trying to not read too much in to it. Since I don’t know if I have geared up to ovulate and failed or if I have ovulated. Now I’m wishing I had used opks and took my temps lol x

Haha always the way I am the same I gave up on testing to see if I ovulated I really hope it is your month! X

I give up because it’s been confirmed I don’t ovulate on my own but then it’s always what if there was a one off, I’m still having fertile cm so I’m not sure. I find not tracking just as stressful lol regardless of the outcome my scan is 11th sept so hopefully after that I will be 1 step closer x

I’m starting to really wish I was tracking my cycle. I feel like something is going on in there I’ve had awful sharp pains from then left side since tea time, it was sort raidiating from the left across my stomach but now it’s just sharp on the left side. I’m still having fertile signs. I came across a opk earlier it was negative. I literally have no option but wait it out if I haven’t ovulated it could be several weeks before I next get a period. My scans on the 11th sept so at least I will see the dr a few days later to see what she thinks and if she will refer me on to a gynaecologistx

That’s good my daughter birthday is that day! I will be thinking of you. Hopefully you will find out if they see anything there and then as they told me at the scan x

To be fair I just had a scan in December and she said everything was fine then. But the dr said as i started bleeding constantly since then something could show up. When I had my scan I was cd74 and she showed me a mature folicle she said was ready to ovulate but I got my period 4 days later so I’m guessing it turned into a cyst or something, ahh bless our little ones are close in age mine turned 4 at the end of June he starts full time school in just over a week I’m dreading it. I’m not sure why my ticker still says 2 years old lol I’ve only just noticed I’ll have to change it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->