Gyno Appt - what should I ask?

gennifaire

Reaction score
So, we have been TTC cycle 2 (we ttc before, but not seriously).

I have irregular periods. Im heavy set and while I havent been officially diagnosed with PCOS I have a feeling I do have it due to trouble shaking weight, some ache etc.

Anyway - my last gyno put me on metformin to regulate me without putting me on a birth control because I wanted to be pregant. This was over a year and some change ago.

I am over do and setting one up once my insurance kicks in.

Beyond the normal stuff, anything I should ask/inquire about when TTC with possible PCOS/Irregular periods?

Ask for a full PCOS blood panel. I think it is fair to ask for an u/s to see what is going on. Bring your charts in as a discussion point with your doc. Are you ovulating regularly? If you are not ovulating than I think you should be persistent with fertility treatment options. If you haven't O'd regularly after a year it is not likely going to regulate at this point.

Also, if you tell your doc you have only been ttc for two months they probably aren't going to take you seriously. Make sure to let them know you were trying for a full year but have been working better on TI for the past two months. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->