Had a jab to prevent dvt after labour.. Should the site still be sore?

Ghost

Mother of one :)
Reaction score
Just a quick question. I had about six heparin injections in my upper leg over a week after lo was born as I have a family history of dvt. I know the injection site is sore for a bit afterwards but Its now nearly six weeks past the birth and my thighs are still sore on the site from the injections. They feel sore but numb , as in when your getting life again from a dead leg. They also still feel swollen where the needle was put in. The docs/midwives injected me so they should of known the right area. Is it normal for it still to be sore and swollen?. Or should I make an appointment ?.

Doesn't sound normal to me, I'd get it checked out. Is there any bruising?

Nope no bruising. I've got to make an appointment with the docs about medication soon so I guess I'll ask them then, just though I'd check for other opinions on here as my doctors are a nightmare and I won't get an appointment till mid next month. Thanks for replying

That's ok. Normally it stings a few minutes after the injection and can bruise which would be sore for a few days, but definitely not a few weeks. :) hope all is ok

I did them in my stomach for 9 months and only occasionally had a short lived ache. 6 weeks later you shouldn't have pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->