Had a NST-bit worried

girl-22

Reaction score
Hello :)

I was wondering if someone might help me understanding all this NST thing-how it works and when the results are considered worrisome.

I had a NST yesterday and the baby was moving like crazy.(I'm 32 weeks)

The HR was all over the place,there were some huge accelerations everytime she moved.However,the HR dropped to 110 2 times after those accelerations but when back to normal in 5 seconds and was followed by another acceleration.

Are those decelerations worrisome and if so what's causing them?

Thank you

Hi,

My baby does exactly the same thing - very short decelerations pretty much in the middle of several accelerations. As far as I'm aware (and I'm a midwife myself, so I hope I know OK), these are perfectly normal. The accelerations are in any case a good sign. My obstetrician was also pleased with the CTG, so I'm pretty confident if it was a problem at all it would have been commented on.

The type of decelerations that are more worrying are where they take a long time to recover (like a minute or longer), where they occur AFTER a contraction, and where they are accompanied by a lack of variability in the CTG in general.

The fact your baby was moving around is a good sign too.

I know I worry about any possible sign that might be a potential problem, so can sympathise with your concerns. To the best of my knowledge though, this is perfectly OK.

All the best!:hugs:

Goosie

I am pretty sure that the raising and lowering of the HR is pretty normal. I think its worrisome when the HR lowers and takes awhile to recover back to its normal level. Your baby is moving around well and it sounds great. Try not to worry.

Oops just read the other posters reply and its much the same so thats good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->