Had a really rough night- think this is it

wonderstruck

Reaction score
So I had some mild cramping tonight and didn't really think anything of it, as I just FINALLY reached the point where I stopped worrying every second and lo and behold, I started bleeding. Like a lot with bright red clots. Immediately I called my bf who rushed home from work and took me to the hospital. They took blood and gave me the RhoGAM shot since I have O- blood type. Unfortunately the ultrasound clinic was closed for the night so I have to go back tomorrow for a scan. My paperwork says 'threatened abortion' and I am expecting the worst. The bleeding has subsided but obviously it's not looking good and I'm pretty gutted about it. I'll update what happens tomorrow. Positive vibes are appreciated.

Sending hugs and hope your way, hope everything is ok :hugs:

Omg that sounds terrible, I'm keeping everything crossed for you- I've heard Of stories like that before and it's Bern fine....,, I'm thinking of you xxx

I had two of those my first pregnancy. My "abortion" is now 4 years old and healthy. Stay calm. It's just one of those things. I'm sure baby bean is in there bouncing around and laughing because he got you all worried.

Hoping for the best for you and that today's scan shows everything is okay x

Sending you positive energy. Sounds like a traumatic experience.

I hope you find out something positive today.

Good luck! Have hope there is a chance your body is just scaring you.

I just got back from the hospital. I went into the scan prepared for the worst and the baby was still there, measuring at 8w6d with a heart rate of 176bpm. I was so happy/relieved I started bawling my eyes out. The doctor said he doesn't know why I could have been bleeding or if it will happen again but the ultrasound showed everything as fine for now so all I can do is hope that things keep progressing.

I just got back from the hospital. I went into the scan prepared for the worst and the baby was still there, measuring at 8w6d with a heart rate of 176bpm. I was so happy/relieved I started bawling my eyes out. The doctor said he doesn't know why I could have been bleeding or if it will happen again but the ultrasound showed everything as fine for now so all I can do is hope that things keep progressing.

I told you!!!! Hooray for a healthy baby bean!!!!

I'm so happy to hear this!! I wish they could give us a reason for the bleeding that happens instead of "it's not uncommon, we don't know why it happens". Doctors don't seem to realize how terrifying it is for us moms to be!

Yay, congrats on healthy little bub with a heartbeat!

All our tiny little babies have no idea the craziness going on on the outside haha. They are just cozy and snuggled, like "what's all the fuss about, guys?"

Oh not again! Your body is giving you such a run for your money. I'm so happy and relieved to hear it's again not bad news. Possibly just some pockets of blood/uterine lining being shed...happens quite commonly!

Yay congrats. With my lg at 10w I thought I'd weed myself and there was so much bright red blood. I went to a&e to find a healthy baby and no explanation. This happened twice more before I got referred to the consultant. She found a clot in my womb 2cm from the placenta. Apparently because the womb keeps expanding during pregnancy it heals slowly.

I had 4 week of bleeding which was brown discharge at the end.

It's such an awful sick to your stomach feeling when you see it but my LO was fine and after that I had a great pregnancy.

It's crazy that there can be that amount of blood and everything still be okay. My body is definitely enjoying terrifying me lately, who knew pregnancy could be this scary/nerve wracking! I'm glad to know that it's not as uncommon as I thought, although it sucks to not have an explanation. I thought red blood was generally a bad sign but it seems other have gone through this and had good results so all I can do is wait and see and hope for the best. Thankfully I am off the next two days so I can get some rest and de-stress. Thank you all for your words of encouragement.

Awe wonderstruck! I'm SOOO glad to hear baby is ok and healthy!!! I've been following your posts b/c you and I have had similar issues. My midwife and Doctor both said that a LOT of women experience bleeding sand go on to have healthy babies. My u/s also showed no cause for bleeding. So weird.
Well in so happy for you, once a heartbeat is found on u/s your risk of miscarriage dramatically reduces. So yay!!!!!!

Thanks jenmcn1! I'm still having a bit of cramping and spotting but trying to keep positive and remind myself how good the ultrasound was. It's tough accepting it without an explanation but it's comforting to hear that other people have been through the same thing and ended up with healthy babies. Let's hope both of ours just turn out to be false scares!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->