Had a slight scare

pansorie

Reaction score
I was spotting today. Of all my pregnancies I have never spotted. My doctor told me to go to the ER for any spotting or bleeding.
So I went and I was in a panic. I have to commend my hospital, they covered all their bases: they took urine, blood work, pelvic, and ultrasound.
Thankfully the baby is actually measuring a couple of days ahead, 11w1d. I do have a UTI, though, and they put me on antibiotics. The ER doc said they prefer women to come in for anything that is even slightly abnormal because they see so many miscarriages (he said over half, but I wonder if he means just in the ER).
In the meantime, no sex for at least 2 days, to rest things.
I am feeling more confident with this pregnancy. I am realizing now it will probably stick.

It's always a great feeling when you can feel confident in a pregnancy. I'm so glad that everything was good, weLloyd with bubs that is. Utis suck, but rather it be that than something worse

Glad it wasn't anything more serious although UTIs do suck! I get recurrent UTIs quite often because I prolapsed during my first pregnancy and my anatomy has changed to where I'm more prone to get them. I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully that was the reason for your spotting since they do cause blood in the urine. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!

I'm glad everything turned out okay, but bummer on the UTI! I'm glad you went in though and that they took good care of you. I've heard so many horror stories about early pregnancy in the ED. I've only had good experiences, but I've also heard some bad ones, so I'm really glad to hear that yours was one of the good ones <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->