Had a sweep! Excited!

jules22

Preggers :)
Reaction score
My doctor calls it "rupture your membranes" but I'm guessing that is the same thing as a sweep as you all are calling it. I went in for my appointment and baby is measuring large and she offered to do a sweep and I'm so happy! I'm 2cm dilated and 80% effaced. She said it looks really promising since I'm really ripe! :)

It didn't even hurt that bad.

I've started to get some strong contractions so I hope they keep up!

are you planning an early induction then? lucky gettigna sweep before term anyhow

Yeah she gave it to me early. I've had steroids and such since I was admitted to the hospital for like a month and a half with contractions. Plus baby is measuring LARGE (yay in some ways!) I am being induced Jan 3rd if baby doesn't come by then because of his size plus my rising blood pressure. I just hope it really works!

Good Luck!!!
But a sweep isn't rupturing the membranes - a sweep is when the mw puts her finger into the cervix and "sweeps" her finger around the cervix. This helps loosen the sac from the cervix and can stimulate labour. Rupturing the membranes is breaking your water! So if your doc is rupturing your membranes, then for sure you will go into labour!!! A sweep is not so certain and is usually used to try and stimulate labour if you are overdue!!
Either way - sounds promising - it won't be long now!
xx

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh good luck you lucky thing!"
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583