Had a sweep today :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by chickie_115, Dec 14, 2009.

1. chickie_115

chickie_115 mum of 1 and stepmum to 2

Hey girlies! 3 days overdue so had MW app today, BP higher again today (was slightly high 2wks ago, then fine last wk) so oing into daycare on wed to be monitored. just b4 I went to MW I think a tiny bit of my plug came away :thumbup: she got me on the table and had a prod about:blush: cervix is still quite posterior but softening, bubs head still only engaged 2/5's tho :nope: she didn't give me a date for induction cos she thinks daycare doc might be able to get me in sooner she was talking about booking me in on boxing day!!!!:shrug: I'd be 15 days overdue!!!! just wish things would speed up, soooo fed up :cry:

2. Emma1980

Emma1980 Mummy to Finley

Awww honey i feel for you :hugs: im going insane now so cant even imagine how you feel x

3. purpledahlia

purpledahlia Mummy

15 days overdue!! omg, you should be in sooner than that! my hosp is 10 days max!

sweeps not nice are they, had one fri, im still here, :(

Good luck xx

4. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Good luck hun, hope everything goes well and your BP lowers again :)

Just goes to show how different it is dependent on hospital - my MW won't consider even an internal before 41 weeks, let alone a sweep or induction, so if I'm going stir-crazy at that point I'm probably going to have to beg :p

5. chickie_115

Ours is 12 days, but it's because of xmas!!

6. chickie_115

Hey, Purpledahlia, where abouts are u? I'm central scotland aswell!

7. MrsQ

MrsQ Mummy to Mikey and bump

i hate this... because tis christmas crap. What they gonna do on xmas day turn women in labour away cos its xmas?
    You cannot wait 15 days its not fair and we all know the placenta starts to deteriorate after so many days overdue. I would demand before the 15 days. Why cant they do it 23rd if they want you to go as long as possible?

Good luck i want to fight your corner.... give me the number!!!!

8. chickie_115

LOL! MW is hoping me to have gone myself by then or at least get an earlier date from the doc at the hospital on Wed so hopefully won't be that far away!!

9. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

The ususal is 14 days but being that its xmas and there are lots of staff having holidays and public holidays things will be difficult this time of year.

A collegaue of mine was due on Dec 16th and didnt get her induction until Jan 3rd becasue the consultant said tough luck I'm on holiday you'll have to wait!!!!!!!!!!

10. chickie_115

Strange that every area is so different:shrug: we all know the placenta starts to deteriorate after the 42 wks so thats an added worry too as if everything else isn't enough!:dohh: