Had another scan today

ROSSLOUN

TTC #1 after m/c 1/1/10
Reaction score
Hi girls,

had another early scan today at the Early Pregnancy Unit due to slight bleeding i had for a bit there (no pain).

Anyway based on my LMP (26/10/2009) I thought I was around 7 weeks..

I had a scan last week (mon) 7/12/09 where they saw a gestational sac (nothing else) they said I was about 4 - 5 weeks with a sac measuring 4.2mm.. they booked me in for another scan.

Went today where they saw the gestational sac again which now measures 9.4 mm (more than doubled in size!) and the yolk sac... she said she thought she saw a flicker (hb) but could not confirm so I would need to go back next week again to see the progress (at 9 am on xmas eve!!). She said the sac size is measuring about 5 weeks.. (again!)

Don't know what to think she said its good news and it may still be early but I was just expecting to see more and from my calculations i thought i was about 7 weeks.... Going to be a long week again!

Anyone had any experiences or can offer some advice?

x

i work in a scan department that scans early pregnancy so see a lot of people in this situation. Infact i was one my self 24 weeks ago. I had a scan and just saw sac and yolk sac. Policy here is that we have to wait 2 weeks as not a lot changes in a week. 2 weeks later there she was. If you where just 4 weeks or even just 5 weeks then a week later at 5-6 weeks you are probably seeing what should be there. Its quite common for women to be slightly out with there dates. Things do seem priomising foy you

also i bled in my 1st trimester, which is why i was scanned. In fact i bled a lot more than you described. im 28 weeks now

Awww it does sound promising and I am sure they wouldn't give you that hope if there was none :hugs:

Fingers crossed that this week goes quickly and you have a lovely Christmas present on xmas eve of seeing your little one and his/her flickering HB :) x

thanks v. much for your reply makes me feel a lot better!

I guess I won't relax until i see the baby and hear the heart beat. I'm just a bit dissappointed as i was expecting to see it today but i suppose progess has been made so it is a good sign!

is a sac measuring 9.4 mm normal for a 5 - 6 week pregnancy? they said it was but I thought it should have been bigger than that as I was 4.2mm 9 days ago and I thought it should increase by 1mm each day in normal pregnancy?

My early scan put me at 4/5 weeks when I thought I was mid 7 weeks. My next scan 2 1/2 weeks later put me at 7w1d with a heartbeat and all was good! At this time I measured 11.4mm.

I think that seeing growth is a good thing. Best of luck at your next scan!!!

Hi Hunni
I don't know much about these things but it certainly sounds positive. I had an early scan today and wasn't told the size of the sac but the foetus was 4.5mm and i was dated at 6 plus 1. We didn't see a heart beat so I have to go back next week too. FX for you, I know the wait is horrible.

thanks gina for the reply!! sounds good if you measured 11.4 at 7 weeks.... hopefully i'll be the same next week with baby and hb too! xx

Hello ...can anyone advise...
2 weeks ago hcg was 289, last week hcg was 897 (but they wanted it to be in 1200 range) then had a U/S. Was told that it does not look good and to come back this week.
Went this morning had another hcg/bloodwork done.. and a U/Sound. Was told U/sound was measuring 4.2weeks (and not 6 weeks which is what they said I was)...DR tells me she does not see anthing in sac :(
Have to go back for another U/s and HCG/bloodwork next week..

Anyone got any advise for me?
I'm really worried here.....

I don't have any idea, but I want to give you comfort. I'm sorry you're so worried. I hope it all works out for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->