Had another scare..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Amanda, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Amanda

Amanda Mum of 3

So after the brown spotting on Tuesday last week, I had none more for the rest of the week. But then I came home from work Friday night, went to the loo, and there was loads on my pant liner.:cry:

Stu made me ring NHS direct, and they passed me over to the out-of-hours for my local surgery. They rang me back within 10 minutes and advised me to get to the hospital. So Kayleigh had Charlie for us and off we went. Panicking.

I'll never hear anyone say anything bad about the NHS again. We got there at 8pm and were seen and out by 9.20pm! The doctor was lovely. My placenta is very low and he said it was that what was causing the bleeding. He found the heartbeat straight away and said he was not worried in the slightest, it was just because the placenta is very low. He said it should move up on it's own around 24 weeks, but if it doesn't, they'll possibly give me a c section early - even as early as 36 weeks. That was good news to my ears as I know my SPD will be really bad by then, so as long as bubba is big enough and healthy enough, then the earlier the better. His advise was to monitor bubba's movements and monitor the bleeding, and rest.

Bubba is moving constantly, the bleeding is still happening, although not loads. I've not really been able to rest as Stu's been working all weekend, but he's home now, so I'm sat here with my feet up, and this is where I intend to stay for the rest of the day.

I'm in two minds about whether to go to work tomorrow. I'm only in Monday and Tuesday this week as I have already booked the Friday off (I only work 3 days). I think I'll decide in the morning when I see how the bleeding is. It might be a good chance to rest as Kayleigh goes away for the week in the morning, and Charlie will be going to nursery, but I'll make the decision tomorrow.

Anyway, scare over for now. I'm just going to do nothing for the rest of the weekend.

2. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

:hugs: Just make sure you take it easy hun!!

3. sam76

sam76 Mummy to George & Louie

Take it easy xxx feet up xxx

4. Barneyboo

Barneyboo Mummy of 2 beauty's

:hug::hug:Just wanted to sa glad bubs is ok! please try and rest as much as you possibly can :hug:

5. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

6. hypnorm

hypnorm Well-Known Member

glad all is ok, i'd be inclined to phone in and have the day off.
    Take it easy and have a rest.

7. Janisdkh

Janisdkh Well-Known Member

keep those feet up hun. I am wondering why placenta previa isnt taken seriously anymore. YOu are the second woman I know that was told about a low lying placenta. With my second daughter I was on strict bed rest at 19 weeks. At a later ultrasound the placenta moved so I was able to get off bed rest. Big hugs I wish you the best.

8. Amanda

Amanda Mum of 3

Bloody hell! Scary stuff!!!!

9. AnnaBanana9

AnnaBanana9 Mummy

:hug: Am so glad all is okay. You make sure to take it easy hun :hug:

10. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

Yep i have the low lying placenta too covering cervix compleatley hun , I freaked compleatley last week on the sound of a c section .
    Try rest hun thats what iam doing (Allthow i havent had any bleeding fingers crossed) . Good luck and i hope our placentas move soon . xxx .

11. MUMOF5

MUMOF5 Now a mum of 6!

Id take Mon and Tues off, you and baby come first. :hug:

12. Suz

Suz ~ I are a Nerd ~

Take it easy and Im glad you have your feet up :hugs: Im glad things are ok :hugs:

13. kateqpr

kateqpr Well-Known Member

Yes - i reckon feet up lady. You've had a scare and the rest will do you good xx

14. Hevz

Hevz 4 beautiful children

Hope all's ok babe:hugs::hugs::hugs:

15. Amanda

Amanda Mum of 3

Well I had no more bleeding yesterday evening, none overnight, none for the first hour I was up, then some as I was getting ready. So I think that shows that resting helps, and moving about agravates it.

So I'm taking Charlie nursery at 8, and then coming home and doing nothing for the rest of the day. Feet up and B&B!!! :happydance:

16. cybermum

cybermum MUM TO 2 BOYS.

Glad you are taking it easy hun xxx
    Feet up and watch the telly !
    I am glad you and baby are ok :)

17. Amanda

Amanda Mum of 3

I've done nothing all day. I feel really lazy!! :blush:

I've caught up on all my stuff on the Sky+ planner, and even went back bed for 2 hours!!! :blush:

I keep staring at the carpet and telling myself I should get the hoover out, but you know what? I'm not going to!!! :rofl:

18. maddiwatts19

maddiwatts19 Guest

i'm glad you've found an anwer :hugs: take care!! and look after you and bubba! xxx

19. katieandbump

katieandbump Well-Known Member

Awww hun i'm sorry you're going through a stressful time at the moment, i agree with the girls take it easy and don't hesitate to badger midwifes/docs etc if your worried and it happens again. I'm sure bubba is fine good news about what the doc said and that baby is ok. Chin up and no over doing anything. *hugs* xxxxxxxxxxx

20. NickyT75

NickyT75 RIP Sophie my angel

Rest rest & more Rest hun especially as you have proved moving around seems to aggravate the bleeding.

I dont wanna scare you but I also had a low lying placenta which bled quite a lot eventually leading to premature rupture of membranes.

Im NOT saying this will happen to you hun... but I just wanna stress how important it is to do your very best to minimise the bloodloss even if you feel like you are being lazy - you are NOT being lazy - you are resting for the sake of your babies health :hugs:

Hope the bleeding settles down quickly & you go on to have an uneventful pregnancy & a beautiful healthy baby :hugs:

All the best hun xx