Had dating scan - no scan now till im 20 weeks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by cherryglitter, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Does this mean im not going to get a NT scan?
    I would like one..
    She even put on the system that I don't need to go back for another 9 weeks, could she have gotten all the info she needed when I had my scan on Friday?

Im just a bit worried. :S! xxx

2. ttcbambino#1

ttcbambino#1 Mummy to 2 monkeys

I'm sure if you want the NT scan you should be able to have it. Different areas do different testing, but I'll have my dating scan with combined NT scan and bloods all in the same appointment. If this wasn't offered to you at the dating scan then I'm sure you must be allowed an NT one separately. I'd call your midwife if you can.

3. MrsVenn

MrsVenn Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the trust. My current trust offer either a dating scan OR an NT scan. However, the hospital down the road which comes under a different trust, only offers a dating scan. My friend had to get hers done privately.

4. BabyJayne

BabyJayne Me, DH, DD & pregnant

Yep - depends on the Trust you are under. My trust offer a dating scan only and so I would have to pay privately to have an NT scan. I am 30 years old, so not in the at risk zone, and will be having the blood tests on Wednesday which they use to check for abnormalities.

5. emsiee

emsiee Mum of 2

Not every trust offers this and will use your bloods to test for downs and other problems (thats what happens in my area anyway). You will have to pay privately if you want a NT scan.

6. AP

AP Well-Known Member

The rules are here, that if you have a scan between 10-13 weeks, this is taken as your dating scan and you dont get anything else until the anomaly[sp] scan at 20 weeks.

If you are in a risk group you get a NT scan but i dont know many people who have had it- you will have to pay private

7. ellie27

ellie27 Well-Known Member

Everywhere is different.

I am in Glasgow and here we only get a dating scan around 12wks and thats it!!!!