had gender scan and so pissed at myself

tiredabby

pregnant,mother of 1
Reaction score
i had my gender scan a couple of hours ago and came out to be team pink.i wanted a boy so much and im hating myself for being a bit disappointed.all this time i had a blue ticker but now changing it to pink is kinda hurting me too.oh why am i sooooo selfish.am i a terrible mom?

I don't think you are terrible. If you thought for sure you were having a boy and suddenly you are told it is a girl it would feel like something was being switched. I am trying hard not to expect one gender or the other but one does do it (a lil at least) automatically I think. You should do some shopping for lil boys and when you see what cute lil outfits and themes there are for girls too you will surely start looking forward to your very own lil girl. :) xxx

Edited it cause I realised I had it switched around. Sorry, please blame my mushy preggo brain :blush:

It's the same for me, but opposite. we are team blue again, but I thought I was team pink, and it upsets me to think I'll never have a little girl as hubby only wants 2 children.

But, at the same time, I am so happy that I was able to get pregnant again, and that baby is healthy, and baby and my son will hopefully be best friends :)

I am worried i will feel this way too. We have a boy already and i love him to bits but really want this one to be a girl. I can't stop thinking about buying pink things. I am scared to feel disappointed if they say it is another boy. I was almost not going to find out the gender just to save the disappointment but think i will find out now. This is our last baby as well so there wont be any more chances to try for a girl. I really just want a healthy baby at the end of the day and am greatful i am able to get pregnant so easily. I will be excited if it is a boy of course but i guess i just picture myself having one of each.

I sort of know how you feel. I haven't had my gender scan yet though but I'm exactly the same - I'm convinced it's a boy. I tried talking to my other half about it last night and ended up saying 'I'm scared I'll be dissapointed if it's a girl' and he looked horrified and doesn't understand at all :s

So don't worry, you're not alone xx

i don't think you're a terrible mum. i think you will love your little girl just as much as you would of loved a little boy.
i have a son,two step sons and a daughter. this time i really wanted another daughter. luckily for me i got what i wanted but if id of been told we were having a boy i would of been a bit disappointed,it doesn't mean i wouldn't of loved the baby any less though x

I far from think your a terrible mum, your just a little disappointed, I have 2 boys and expecting another boy, people always think we are trying for a girl but we aren't we just want more children. Just because you wanted a boy doesn't at all make you a bad mum, it's just what you wanted. We can't pick but i'm sure enough you'll be a brilliant mum to your little girl, and love her so much!

Your not alone, remember the forum is here to support you, and i'm sure there is a group for this in groups? Maybe take a look?

no your not awfull! we all have ideas about what we are having and it rarely turns out, i wanted a girl but the moment i fell pregnant i knew it was a boy and he is! give yourself chance to get used to the idea thats all i can say dont worry you will get used to the idea of having girl/boy it i know i did.:thumbup:

Someone that starts a thread asking for help and advice cannot possibly be a terrible mum.

Feelings are feelings, you can't control them. You can only control your actions and behaviour.

You'll make a wonderful mum and love your little girly to bits, I guarantee it. :flower:

I think this is normal. I was quite sad for a couple of weeks when I found out my first was a boy (felt so guilty, but just couldn't help it). It passed and I was soon back to being excited again. I don't know yet what I'm having this time around, but whatever the outcome I've already decided I'm not going to beat myself up if I feel a bit disappointed.

I wouldn't worry about it, just accept that you're human and we can't help having preferences like this. I'm sure in no time you'll be over the moon at the ideal of a girl.

x

thanx girls.i keep scolding myself for being sad all thew time.its a relief to know ur opinions.i wanna love my little girl as much as a little boy and i soon will.i shouldnt be too hard on myself.

i felt exactly the same... i was so so so sure i was having a boy (i didnt mind either way) but turns out we r having a girl. BUT because i was so sure she was a boy, i had developed this little bond with boy bump and when i found out she was a girl i did feel like my little boy had gone away. then i felt sick with myself that i had felt this upset. its absolutely normal to feel that way...im 27 weeks now and i couldnt be happier that we r having a little girl xxxxx

I don’t think you’re a terrible mother, when you have a preference it is a little disappointing when you don’t get that gender.

I also hope that I won’t be disappointed at the gender scan (Tuesday). Everyone is so convinced I’m having a boy that I really think it’s a girl. OH would also like a boy because he has an 8 year old daughter with someone else. My sister had 3 girls in a row, so I’m hoping for a boy as well. I’ve been spending the last week oogling girl stuff, just so that I won’t be too disappointed.

You arent a terrible mom. When I was told I was having a son after two girls during my last pregnancy, it was a complete shock to my system.

I had my heart set on a boy and was convinced it was. Everyone though it was a boy too. I went to get a gender scan but the baby was not cooperating, but the tech said it looked like a girl but I have to go back in a week. Even though it's not confirmed as a girl, I can't feel a bit sad because I was convinced it was a boy. I'll know for sure in a few days but I know I'll love it anyway.

thanx alot girls.hope01 u are so much me!!!!! i feel like my little boy has been taken away from me.though im recovering.ive googled girl names and put a few on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->