Had my 12 week scan!!

Courts0228

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Had my first appointment yesterday at 12 weeks. It literally took 4 hours btwn the waiting and paperwork and being seen!

Waited an hour to have my scan done, and when I got to see, the midwife showed me the head, the arm, the leg, and there's the OTHER BABY! Apparently im having identical twins!!

Anybody with twins? Advice pleeeeeease! I was freaking out yesterday, but im more calm and positive about it today. I have a million and one questions :)

Thanks for any response I really appreciate it

Wow... Congrats... I'll be going for my nt scan tomorrow In sha Allah... I am also preg with twins after icsi.... Keeping fingers crossed...

That's cool. I happy for you. I know a few people are having twins are on the forums and someone else is having identical twins. Can't remember her name though.

Congratulations hun on your little blessings!...Are you having Monochorionic Monoamniotic twins, or monochorionic monozygotic? Another words are they in the same sac, or seperate sacs? I had an identical twin pregnancy in 2009 they were momo so classed as high risk. I would say make sure they look after you properly and you get regular scans as with identical pregnancies you will have a high risk of twin to twin transfusion syndrome. Unfortunately my boys died at 16+3 but they had TTTS which was never detected. Do your research and don't be afraid to ask them questions, etc. Good luck :)

Thank you all for your kind words and wishes!! Made my day. Im a little bit calmer now, but I was freaking out yesterday. My DH was calm and okay with it so im so happy to have someone like him.

Mama2Connor: I honestly don't know. The midwife told me it was twins and that they were identical after getting a second opinion. The Dr then said that im considered high risk and that ill be going back in 3 weeks and then again in another 3 weeks and then after that its every 2 weeks. They said i would be getting a scan every time so hopefully they are on the look out and will make sure both are getting what they need. Im so sorry for your loss. I couldnt imagine being in your position. Thank you so much for your reply :)

Mama2connor... I have no words to express my grief on your loss.... Well I'll b going in a while and wishing, hoping and praying that all goes well...

Oh wow congratulations...what a lovely surprise! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"