Had my 2nd scan at 8w ... bowel problems!!

sam3starxx

Expecting baby no 2
Reaction score
Had my second scan today at 8w couldn't see a thing then after ages finally found the baby and the heartbeat and watched it flicker away, but the scan was covered in thick black fog due to severe bowel gas.
I have a bowel condition I was born with so unfortunately I struggle with passing movements can only go once/twice a week but now with the pregnancy hormones I'm struggling so bad and every laxative under the sun since I was born hasn't worked so now going to the toilet once every 10 days is becoming painful I have such severe stomache I was so concerned about the baby but it's fine but they couldn't take measurements as the black fog (gas) was in the way to much.

Anyone have natural remedies they use for gas? Passing movements? Mediciation just has no affect!
I'm seeing a consultant next week to see what else can be done to relieve the pressure just so glad baby is fine!

Glad everything is ok with the baby :cloud9: I’m sorry i can’t offer any advice apart from have you tried kiwis? Leave the skin on and cut them up very finely. I don’t have the issue you’re having I bet that’s awful, but when I take certain painkillers for a slipped disc it happens to me, not to your extent but to the point where it’s painful and kiwi really helped. I know eating the skin sounds awful but if you cut it up fine enough you won’t even notice! I hope it gets better soon xx

I’m following to see if you find any solutions, I have a bowel condition but my dr Is useless and I have ended up with infection in my blood due to inflammation of my bowels. I can go maybe once every couple of weeks but when I do it’s the worst experience and very bloody (so sorry for tmi). I hope you find some relief x

I’m following to see if you find any solutions, I have a bowel condition but my dr Is useless and I have ended up with infection in my blood due to inflammation of my bowels. I can go maybe once every couple of weeks but when I do it’s the worst experience and very bloody (so sorry for tmi). I hope you find some relief x

Oh no, that sounds awful, hope you're feeling better. It is horrible, i feel your pain :(
Unfortunately not found anything yet. The pain is unreal! I tried kiwi but hasn't helped.
Usually everyday life is fine but the pregnancy hormones have really messed with it :cry:
Just awaiting consultation to see what they can offer.
I was told peppermint tea works really well by my GP and midwife, so bought some today so will start that, i will update you on how it goes :thumbup: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->