had my 2nd ultra sound today! pics now included. 7 weeks along

lilmomof3

pregnant with #4
Reaction score
well ladies went in this am for my 2nd ultra sound after me going to e.r. last friday. well everything was going realy good had to have it vaginaly then the lady showed me babys heart beat and she turned the screen to herself and then couple min later she was like im pretty sure you are having twins. i started to cry very bad . i have had twin girls identicle dont get me wrong i would be happy but i had them early and they spent 2 months in the nicu and my doctor i had to see was a hour and a half away all the bad memories of my girls came back when the lady said that. i told her please let me know forsure if it is our not. i cannot go thinking there may be 2 i have to know. well then she told me there was only 1 yolk sac she can see and she was not sure if it was twins our the way the baby was laying. that she said she was unsure at that point and was sorry for scaring me like that but to her for a split second it looked like 2 babys one was on top of the other and looked like they where in the same sac. ahhhh i needed to know forsure so she scaned me longer to make sure she only saw 1 baby and in the end she thinks what happend was the way she moved the ultra sound thing it just was picking up the image of the baby on its side then she moved it a little bit and it made it flip flop the picture but the yolk never moved. so she told me in the end of the scan she was very pretty sure its only 1 baby not twins and she told me sorry for telling me that and scaring me. dont get me wrong ladies i would be happy but after my long months with my girls and how hard it was with them i was praying for only 1 baby this time. well its only been a few day since my last ultra sound and the baby looks bigger to me it was realy cool to see it and i got to hear its heart beat threw ultra sound its nice and strong. she thinks im having these cramps and lower back pain cuz im very constipated and gassy she could only do the ultra sound vaginaly cuz im so gassy. but the baby looks very good and healthy. sorry to make this so long ladies i had to tell you about my experiance though . wow i felt so relived when she said just one. she said if it was twins identical or faternal that there would be 2 yolk sacs and she only saw 1` i do have a pic i will post a little later k ladies . thanks or reading this.

https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/lilhell1/10-22-083rdpic.jpg

https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/lilhell1/10-22-082ndpic.jpg

https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/lilhell1/oct22nd2ndultrasound.jpg

Awww Helen hun im go glad alls well....OMG i can see why you'd be shocked at the idea of twins...i'd have a heart attack lol.
Glad your happy with just the one hun....there lovely piccies xxxxxxxxxx

WOW LADIES ITS REALY STARTING TO HIT ME. IM HAVING A BABY....... wow you would think i would have been on cloud 9 by now but after my scare on friday i was so worried ....and today after i compare the ultra sound pics from friday and today the baby has grown so much its awsome.... wow..

thank you sooooo soooo much , i know i was realy hoping the ladies here didnt take what i said the wrong way trust me i would have been happy for twins but it was realy hard my one baby almost died in me cuz the other one was getting more blood and i had to drive a hour and half a way every week to a specalist and we are down to one car right now for my hubby i dont have one unless my friend takes me some where and then for my girls to be in the nicu was so hard on me i blamed myself for everything. i had them at 28 weeks and 5 days. and micah came home on oxegen and both girls on monitors they had apts 2 times a week a hour and half away it was so hard for me and them . so please ladies dont take what i said the wrong way i would be happy to have 2 but my body and stress was very hard to carry my first set of twins. but im so gratfull its only one this time. thank you hun
also hailey weighed 2#9oz at birth
micah weighed 2# 5.4 oz very tiny. but good thing they are very strong little 5 year olds now.

i was scanned early and there was 1 yolk sack and im avinn twins xx

now you got me worried hun. see the thing is the way the lady was saying it you could see on her face that somthing was not right and she was like im pretty sure its one. and sorry if this may be confusing but when she was showing me the ultra sound where she thought there was 2 babys she was facing the one baby and then moved just a tiny bit then the baby littlerly looked like the picture flip flopped and there was a 2nd baby next to it facing it just a little lower than it so she was like i think its the camera picking up the image in 2 diffrent ways. and when she told me she thought its twins she was like im pretty sure its twins and there in the same sac. i told her my girls where the same way then she couldnt find the image right and said to her it looked like the baby was on top of the other one... please tell me this makes sense to you i dont know how else to word it. so in the end she was like sorry for scaring you i can only see one yolk sac which means one baby. but she still looked worried. do you think theres a chance there still is twins its just to early to see. ?
she showed me the ultra sound when she was doing it and to me i seen the one baby image then she moved a tiny bit and the baby was then facing the other direction like if it was twins they are face to face but one over the other one and then in the first image the heart beat was up top then when she flipped to what she thought was a twin the heart beat was lower on the screen just a tiny bit diffrence so thats what worried her.

aww so do you reckon that she got scared when you started asking about twins and changed her mind just to keep the peace?
im no nurse chick but alls i know is when i got scanned early there was 1 yolk sack, i will show you the scan i had 1 week after it with two twins.
you can see that they are in the same sac, my twins are identical

DSC00884.jpg

oh and by the way this scan is at 6 weeks x

also the way u have worded the heart beats bit sounds like theres two to me but dont take my word for it hun, x

i just got this information off a website

hope it helps

Recent research has shown a correlation between the number of yolk sacs present in pregnancy and the number of amniotic sacs twins will have. The yolk sac forms just after conception occurs and is thought to play a role in nourishing the developing embryo. With twins, there can be one yolk sac or two yolk sacs.

Wow i think it's still possible you have twins. techs dont like to scare people and since vanishing twins or loss can still happen this early I bet she felt better i teling you it was one baby. I wish you all the best and hope you get what you want. Not al pregnancies ae the same and I kwo you are afraid. I will be thinking of you. Hugs

thank you ladies im actuly sitting here ready to cry so bad, i called my nurse at my doctors to let her know how i felt and she said that my ultra sound wont be dictated for a couple of days and that if there is any alarm for twin they will deflty have me get scanned again i told her i realy would like a 2nd scan cuz i have twins ( she didnt know that) and it runs high in my family. she said she will talk to my doc and let her know. and the lady who did the scan did look scared and she sounded very sure it was twins at first . then i starte to cry and she was like ok i need to check your overies then go back the the baby to see if i can find out if its twins i sat there bawling on the table and she told me im very sorry for this im sure its just one i only see one yolk sac. my nurse said she is not 100% sure about the yolk sac i told her i have a friend online who is pg with identicle twins and only has 1 yolk sac she said she will make sure this is looked into i told her please do cuz i found out i was pg with my girls at 16weeks along . i had no idea i was pg and that my first ultra sound was not as early as this ultra sound. i told her i realy want to get the answere soon she said she will find out cuz if i am pg with twins i have to go back to the hospital where i had the girls which is a hour and half away. wow ladies. thank you so much for all this info you are great... i just need to know forsure. i hope they will give me another scan to make sure. i told the nurse that the tech who did my scan was very worried looking and i told her i am worried and cant take the thought being in the back of my mind so i realy hope the person who looks at the ultra sounds when they are done can give me some answeres and that the nurse said she will deftly call me next week when she knows how it went.
love the ultra sound pic its kinda hard for me to see it.

emzlouize , just wondering did you scan look like mine by chance our did you see the 2 babys right away. mine kinda looks like a blob with a heart beat and she said she could not get a image to show her 2 heat beats at the same time but what made her think it was identicle twins is cuz at one point she did catch a image of 2 heart beats and what looked like 2 babys to her just one over the other and she didnt take a pic well that i know of , of it so she was trying to get that image agian to see forsure. then told me it had to be just one baby. does this sound familer hun. thank you im so sorry to bug you about this.

aww try not to worry until you know for sre chick, but it sounds like twins to me, and as for the woman who told u that twins have to have 2 yolk sacs i think she needs to go and do her training again! hehe. all the best hun xx

oh and go back to my reply with the ultrasound pic and click on the pic it enlarges lol x

hey dont worry about it i dont mind helping you out hun, erm the scan looked like two blobs and only got a heart beat 1 by 1, she couldnt show them both together, do u get what i mean? like she showed me one heart beat then the other, and at 6 weeks they were two blobs in the same sac, did u have ultrasound or a vaginal one?

hope this helps xx

vaginal ultra sound and it was weird cuz she showed me the 1 pic of the baby then if she moved just a tiny tiny bit the image on the screen looked like the baby litterly flip flopped to the other direction and was facing the other way and she kept doing that so it kept looking like 2 babies but she could not get it on the screen at the same time. and she saw a good heart beat then if she moved again to where it flip flopped she saw another smaller heart beat but could not get them at the same time so she think it was the machine showing the image a diffrent way but to her looked like twins she said if it was twins they are identicle in the same sack. but then said it has to be only one cuz you only have one sac but when she talked about it to her it looked like the one baby was on top of the other baby thats why it was hard for her to see it. and then went on to saying it has to be one im so sorry for scaring you so much so just take it as you are having just 1 baby ,. but in the back of my mind its bugging me cuz i watched her move the camera on the screen and she just moved a tiny tiny bit and there was a diffrent image facing the other way so one sec it was facing left then next the baby was right. within a split second she told me maby its like that cuz she was veiwing a side veiw of the baby . shes not sure but not to worry at all theres only 1 sac which means one baby.

1 yolk sac does NOT mean one baby, she needs to stop telling ppl this, although she was jst probs trying not to scare you, mine was vaginal too, try not too worry hun xx

thank you i will do my best not to worry , i told hubby he said same thing do not worry if it is we will be happy and deal with it good thing iv already been threw it once b4 . and if its just one we will be happy to. its just hard wish the lady would have had another person come in the room and try to scan me to make sure i mean how can you let a pg lady walk out of a scan unsure of what is going on.. thats just crazy but i gusse time will tell thank you everyone for all info i looked online and i saw that it happens a lot for twins to have one yolk sac i told my nurse that i read sevral pages online that says twins can have one yolk sac. so hopefully she looks into it and hard..

I dont know much about this but as ive said before my sis is 8 weeks with Twins and hers have have one yolk sac because there identical...thats what she was told at the scan she had just over a week ago anyway xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->