Had my 8 week scan today

Pluto13

Reaction score
Wasnt sure what to expect as I have had some brown discharge.

Baby is there, the doctor said a good size with a strong heartbeat.. what a relief after my miscarriage Im on tender hooks here all the time. So does that mean there is less of a chance I will lose this one?

What should I do know without having to wrap myself in cotton wool :flower:

Wasnt sure what to expect as I have had some brown discharge.

Baby is there, the doctor said a good size with a strong heartbeat.. what a relief after my miscarriage Im on tender hooks here all the time. So does that mean there is less of a chance I will lose this one?

What should I do know without having to wrap myself in cotton wool :flower:

ahh thats wicked news pluto...im glad its all going strong and well.. im sure if doctor said that babies all well then thats a goos sign of not to worrie:thumbup: but us being woman im sure you will :happydance::happydance:

all the best and keep us all updates xxx

yes I was delighted and now Im like arh! I have to keep it alive and Im panicking!
Not happy unless I have something to worry about.
Just dont want to be over confident that it will work out this time.

I was due to go back to the EPU on the 5th Jan but she has cancelled my appointment and Im not due to go back until my consultation on the 2nd Feb.

Not sure how many sleeps that is...

47 sleeps to go!

congrats on seeing the heartbeat! :) i was reading up about chances of miscarriaging after seeing a heartbeat at 8 weeks and its a very small chance.. ive copied this from a website ive just found for you

For women with no vaginal bleeding, most estimates suggest that the odds or having a miscarriage after seeing a heartbeat are about 4%.

For women with vaginal bleeding but also a detected heartbeat on ultrasound, risk of miscarriage is about 13% according to one study.

One study found that about 17% of women with a history of recurrent miscarriages will miscarry after seeing a heartbeat on the ultrasound.

Mothers over 35 also face significant miscarriage risk after ultrasound detects a heartbeat, even though the risk does drop after detecting the heartbeat. A 1996 study found that women over 36 have a 16% risk of miscarriage at this point, and women over 40 have a 20% risk.

hope this puts your mind at rest hun x

Great news!!! Just keep the faith!!! I am still living day to day but praying that all stays well!! We are in the same boat! :hugs:

thank you ladies.

All the best with your bumps

Seeing the heartbeat was amazing, I was WOW! thats mad, its going like the clappers!
Its amazing to think this tiny thing is growing inside us.

I wont count my chickens just yet but you've made me feel more positive now, thank you!

I have heard that brown discharge is not as bad as red, as its old blood that a plug may have just popped a bit of old stuff....as the baby is making room etc. Red blood is new blood, that I believe is more of a concern. Especially if accompanied with bad cramps!!

If the Doc ses there is a strong HB, then believe in that, and forget about ya brown discharge!!!

xxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Glad your scan went well hun that's brilliant news, so amazing to see h/b isnt it :) Hope rest of your pregnancy stays healthy :)

im glad everything fine hun - its sooooooo great seeing the little hear beating away :hugs:

Awww so glad that everything went well at the scan. All the best for the rest of your pregnancy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->