had my amnio - not good news - update page 4!!!

Thinking of you and will keep everything crossed hunny xxx

Sorry can't offer advice but wanted to say that my thoughts are with you xx

I'm sorry, I don't have any advice to offer but just wanted to send you big hugs!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I hope everything turns out just fine xxx

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear this but try and stay positive until you know the test results. Let us know how you get on, will be thinking of you :hugs:

I'm sorry I have no advise, but all I can offer now are prayers that everything will be okay. My daughter's head was measuring small for her gestational age and the docs were very worried. I also had very low amniotic fluid. She caught up later on. When she was born everything seemed fine. Then a few weeks later I noticed her forehead seemed flatter on one side and her eyebrow didn't seem even. I trusted my gut and went to a neurologist, and after a CT scan found out she had right coronal craniosynostosis. It is a condition where 1 or more openings of the skull has closed. So, the brain has trouble growing properly and can cause developmental delays, seizures and blindness. She had surgery at 5 months old, where they re-opened her skull and re-arranged her bones. She is doing great now. I hope whatever your baby has is treatable. Will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

So sorry to hear this, I hope everything works out for you~

sending prayers and positive thoughts your way, love xxx

Oh lovely im sorry to hear this. You and baby are in my prayers! I have everything crossed and hope all works out well. Thinking of you lovely. Sending you massive cuddles!:hugs:

I had a very similar thing happen. I had to wait two weeks for the full amnio results. Worst two weeks of my life. It turns out that while there are no chromosomal issues, there are some heart and brain problems. That is really scary, but it can be fixed with surgery after birth. For me, the worst part of the whole situation was waiting. Try to stay busy and don't look anything up on the internet. :hugs: Try to stay positive and remind yourself that everything could end up being fine.

sorry cant help hun but just want to send my love and big hugs to you xxxxxxxx

No advice just wanted to say that I'm thinking of u xx

good luck honey. my thoughts are with you.

abz xx

So sorry you are going through this.

Thinking of you and have everything crossed. Try not to worry until you have the results

xxx

Sorry, I don't have any advice I can give you either, I just wanted to send you :hug:

Hi update from results

Test results came back normal for the 3 main chromosome disorders they check for - Downs, Edwards and Patau (sp?) So we're quite happy about that!! Although it still doesnt explain why baby is so small and what is causing this fluid and skin thickening! So.... we're going back on Monday for another scan with the consultant and to discuss other things. The results of the rest of the amnio should be back in about 2 weeks so hopefully they will be normal too!

So dont really know how to feel at the moment - happy cos of thoses results but scared cos there is still something wrong with baby. Does anyone know what the fluid and small baby could mean as they dont seem to be suggesting anything to us and google is rubbish!???? Has anyone had small baby and then it has grown?? The midwife said that if I did go above 22 weeks, then a termination would become a lot more difficult after this time. But now my results wont come back till I am 22 weeks so....!!! :wacko:

Thank girls for all your replies so far - this forum is a god send - its about the onlt thing keeping me sane - this and my hubbie!!! xxxx

My friends 2 dd's where small babies both went full term and where less than 5 pounds you wouldnt know the difference between them and my children now as they are the same sizes. If your results have come back negative i would try not to worry.

Abortion is an individuals choice ive had 2 friends end there pregnancies at 20 weeks due to major issues both of which gave birth to their babies who survived for an hour or so, im not sure why deciding to end a pregnancy at 22 weeks would make the birthing experience any more difficult?

glad to hear the results are coming back normal so far, hope you keep getting good news. good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->