Had my early scan....could this be right?

Lea8198

Reaction score
So, I had my early scan this morning. We saw a Yolk Sac and minute fetal pole (1.9mm). She seemed to think everything was fine. I have to go back in 10 days to ensure the baby has grown and that there is a heartbeat.

Going my my LMP I should be 7 weeks 2 days however, I ovulated late and had a long cycle so I know I am not as far gone as that. These are my dates/timings. Could someone grab a calendar and let me know if this looks ok?

So the scanner said I measured around 5 weeks and 1 or 2 days.

My LMP was 10th October
My due date of my period was the 7th Nov. It never arrived. I did lots of tests and all negative for 10 days until the 17th November. I think I was testing every day or every other day so i would have picked up on a positive before then if it was there.

So assuming the first very faint BFP came at around 12po (and that is a guess as I have no clue when i ovulated and i might not have even been 10dpo at that time) could that tally up with me now being 5 weeks and 1 day? I think it does but I am so confused over it all I am not sure now. I was shocked at me being so far behind what I thought i was. I am basically 2 weeks less pregnant than I thought. Honest advice would be appreciated.

What do you think?

BTW, I have never seen anything so tiny in my life!

I don't know much about how big stuff is supposed to be when but I didn't want to read & run. :wacko: With your dates, yeah, you'd be about 2 weeks and a day behind me which puts you around 5 weeks 3 days or so. So, according to the scanner, that's about right, right? It all sounds very positive to me. :thumbup:

Sounds good to me! Im sure the tech does know what they are talking about so you will just have to trust them. I bet buy your next scan the babys heartbeat will be a bit quicker where the heart has got stronger!
Congrats on seeing your little bean :thumbup:

Dates can be way off sometimes especially if u ovd late. Don't worry and by yr next scan u will know more xx

It is a bit confusing but it makes sense to me. If you ovulated around 14 days after LMP that puts you at 5 weeks and 2 days or so? So you conceived around the 21st Oct?

I can imagine why you are worried and trying to see if the maths tally up - I think for now hun just hold on to the facts which is that you are 5 weeks +1/2 and that there is a baby there. Why was it that you had an early scan by the way? xx

I had the same thing with my first pregnancy - must have ovulated late and didnt get a BFP until 10 days after AF due - when I went for what I thought was my 12 week scan I was actually only 10 weeks!!! It sounds like this is what happened to you - All sounds good though - Congrats!!! Oh and BTW that pregnancy is now a happy healthy 5 year old!!! :D

Thanks everyone. The tech did not seem worried about it. It just took me back a little. I knew I was not 7 weeks but assumed I was maybe 6 weeks so to hear I was 5 +1 or 2 was a shock. I agree though, I have to remain positive. Everything looks ok so far.

babyH - they sent me up as I have been having cramping for a week and pain in my left side. No blood or spotting though and pain has eased.

Thanks for the re-assurance. How can i possibly pass the next 10 days?

I had the same thing with my first pregnancy - must have ovulated late and didnt get a BFP until 10 days after AF due - when I went for what I thought was my 12 week scan I was actually only 10 weeks!!! It sounds like this is what happened to you - All sounds good though - Congrats!!! Oh and BTW that pregnancy is now a happy healthy 5 year old!!! :D

Thanks for this. This has helped me a lot. 2 weeks behind is me to a T at the moment :) I hope it too also grows into a healthy 5 year old

This sounds just like me hun.
hope you dont mind the tri jumping. Im 17 weeks tomorrow, but at exactly 7w2d i had a scan. baby measured 5w4 or 5w5 or something like that with a tinyyyy flickering heartbeat. I never got my bfp til way after my period was due. i even had a test at the doc three days after it was due and they said it was negative and i was gonna start bc that month. I was still curious. so i took one more test three days later and what do ya know, the faint blue line. next morning positive digital.

Doctors told me my levels weren't rising enough and embryo was too small for dates and that i would probably miscarry.
See but because i have long cycles, now we know i just ovulated really late and probably implanted late. Because at the moment, my little girl is doing flips and kicks in my belly and to what i understand is doing just fine in there.

I had a really complicated first tri with baby not measuring up to dates, subchorionic hemorage, too small gestational sac, progesterone supplementing. you name it.

Don't let any doctors or "Dates" or "hormone levels" get you down. not everyone is textbook.

i just wanted to post this to give you hope cus i didn't have any when this happened to me!
Its a GREAT sign that there is a fetal pole. And very well likely you ovulated late since you got a late positive like me.
Cant wait for you to see that tiny little beating heart:) Its so exciting.

HUGS<3

babyH - they sent me up as I have been having cramping for a week and pain in my left side. No blood or spotting though and pain has eased.

Thanks for the re-assurance. How can i possibly pass the next 10 days?

Even more reason to be positive :thumbup:...well we're here to talk to so hopefully that will help you in the next ten days :hugs:. xxx

My LMP was October 7th. My next one would've been due November 7th. It never came and I didn't get a positive at home result until November 11th. My nurse says I'm 7 weeks and 5 days, but I think she's a week off because I didn't even get a positive test until November 11th.

So, if you were anything like me, then you wouldn't be 7 weeks along yet. I don't think they understand that some women just ovulate late. I didn't track mine this cycle, but when I have in the past, it has been 3 weeks after LMP instead of 2.

you are probably a little further along than that. I had a 5 week scan and didnt see a fetal pole.they can be 5 days out. You ovulated late and can ever implant late. I bet when you have your rescan you will find out you where bout 5w6d or something. I dont think a fetal pole is there at 5weeks. I have had early scans in 2 pregnancys. This time they said i was 4 weeks. I new this was wrong. Went back 2 weeks later and was 7w4d. So very wrong

mandapanda, that is a brilliant story, thank you. It's just what i needed to hear :)

babyH - chatting on here sounds good to me. I am addicted to this site already!

Rebecca, yeah I think you are right. I have been pregnant 3 times before and got early positives so I am sure I would have got a positive if i was 10 days late. i think I ovulated very late and hence being 2 weeks behind. It sounds like we are in the same boat.

Littleblonde - I did wonder how something so tiny could be measured accurately. It was minute! Hopefully all will have caught up with itself by the time I go back. 10 long days....

Thanks everyone. You have really helped me tonight :) xxxxxx

I know this is a very old thread but I was searching this like crazy recently myself and I wanted to add my experience. I had the same 1.9 mm at what I am sure was 6 weeks 1 day, and everything I read said this was a 5 week something measurement so I was worried. At the 8 week ultrasound 2 weeks later, baby measured right on track, so all was well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->