Had my first Midwife appointment today *is over the moon*

LesleyP

Mummy to Lily-May ♥
Reaction score
So had my first appointment with the Midwife today, told her I was only basing how far along I was on when I started getting morning sickness (so about 14 weeks) due to my PCOS and the fact I haven't had a period in about 7 months. She said it's probably better to go from the day I started being sick so said I'd be about 11 weeks, but then she felt my stomach and said I was about 14 weeks (go me!)

She also wanted to try and find the baby's heartbeat, which she did! Midwife said it was very strong and very clear. As soon as I heard it, I was in floods of tears. My baby is ok! :happydance:

Filled in loads of paperwork, but didn't take any blood as she was running late BUT she managed to get me a scan before Christmas which I'm SOOOO happy about!! I can't wait to see baby on that screen... I don't think I'm going to sleep until then :D

Ooh she also gave me an EDD of 16th of June, which was my original prediction - but obviously that might change when I have the scan.

Need to go into the local clinic on Monday to have my bloods taken then make another appointment with the Midwife when I'm back in Derby after the New Year.

YAY!!! :thumbup:

oh thats brill well done on being so accurate lol.... glad she could hear heart beat im over the moon for you lol xxxx

Thankyou :D I couldn't believe I was pretty much spot on... I want to tell the whole world now haha!

shout it out of your bedroom window lol

I would but it's too cold to open it haha!

hahahaha i well i will just tell every 1 i no and so on spread the word lol xx

I think I'm going to make the 'Facebook announcement' on my Birthday (which is Boxing Day) Then all my family will already know and I would have had the scan aswell :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->