had my midwife appointment today...

lisaandsprog

Mother of two, nearly 3!
Reaction score
and i asked how much the baby weighed roughly now - she looked at my scale on my notes, and said that he weights roughly 6 and 1/2lbs!!! OMG! Both of my other children weighed that when they were born and they were 3 weeks early - im not even 37 wks yet!!! Im starting to panick that ill be giving birth to an elephant!!!! :hissy:

awwwww i know the feeling, my baby is weighing big too, i have a 30 week scan to check why he is so big lol

dont worry, it is just a guess though isnt it .

Aww hun, its only and estimate and they usually go higher, try not to worry too much, take care xx :hugs:

she did say it was an estimate so give or take a bit cause of the amniotic fluid and stuff, but still! kind of gave me a shock - wasnt expecting him to be that big quite yet!!! and because both of my other two were small i have loads of newborn stuff! i only have a few 0-3 mnths cause i thought, oh well, ill have time to get him some bigger stuff when he needs it and is already here...but i may have to do it now as what if nothing fits? lol!

what will be will be :D no matter how/big or small baby will still be perfect :D

xXx

My midwife said mine is about 5 - 6lbs this morning but she said its in the last two or three weeks that they pile on the weight so not to worry about having a big baby. I didn't expect it to weigh that much already but maybe they stay around this weight til' the last couple of weeks??

Isn't it 28 grams a day tey put on in last few weeks?

My DR said my LO had good growth and on target.
He wouldn't give an estimate because he said they can vary wildly ,can be fluid etc

I weighed 10lb 4oz when born,OMG I think I would faint if mine were that big!
My first was 2 weks prem and 5lb 3oz,second was 1 week over and 7lb 3oz.

Your LO must be having some very good growth spurts in there hun! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->