Had my scan at 7+3 found SCH but havent had any bleeding

Rizzo Rizzie

Reaction score
This is my third pregnancy and i never had any issues with my two boys. I went to my ob on monday and was surprised that they do a scan at every visit. So she did the scan we found i was 7+3 and she said i have a sch. She didnt say how big it was only that plenty of women have them that they are kind of normal and that it is probably blood from implantation.
She said i might bleed brown and it would be normal. She didnt seem concerned but now im freaking out. I havent had any bleeding at all nor did i in the very early days. We saw and listened to the heartbeat which was 148 and she did a transvaginal and abdominal ultrasound and all measurements were good i just cant shakebthe feeling that the sch is bad news or something will happen. :nope:

Hey try not to worry I know it's hard! I also had a sch found at my 6 weeks scan by 8 weeks it had changed looked more like a sac and by 10 weeks it had squashed around into 2 different spaces and my 13 week scan yesterday it wasn't seen! I also have not had any spotting or bleeding so you may just be like me and not have any. They just warn you, you might see some old blood so hopefully you won't freak out thinking the worst! Fx'd all stay fine I'm sure it will xx

Hey try not to worry I know it's hard! I also had a sch found at my 6 weeks scan by 8 weeks it had changed looked more like a sac and by 10 weeks it had squashed around into 2 different spaces and my 13 week scan yesterday it wasn't seen! I also have not had any spotting or bleeding so you may just be like me and not have any. They just warn you, you might see some old blood so hopefully you won't freak out thinking the worst! Fx'd all stay fine I'm sure it will xx

Thanks! I know its so hard not to worry especially since ive never experienced this before. Thats great that yours went away!! :flower:

I have a SCH. At 6 weeks I bled bright red and then it suddenly stopped. 2 weeks later the SCH was found, I have spotted a bit of brown since but was put on progesterone to keep away a big bleed. It should slowly get reabsorbed by the body. I haven't had another red bleed at all. They usually disappear by week 20. I think only a small percentage sticks around and grows.

I have been taking Omega 3 fish oil capsules and Vitamin C (low dose of 300 mg) to help healing it.
I also read there is a Gluten connection so I avoid Gluten more strictly (I don't usually eat it on Paleo anyway)
Pelvic Rest is very important, no orgasms, even arousal can tense up the uterus for me...I am trying to really distract myself. No sports, running, lifting and all that.
Some women go on full bed rest. I didn't in the beginning but noticed I always had spotting and cramps after a long work day. My doctor wrote me a sick note and I am now on partial bed rest, meaning light activity. The SCH has shrunk a bit as of late and the bleed isn't active atm.

I had one at 8 weeks, no bleeding, just saw it on scan, I have been on pelvic rest and told just take it easy. It had resolved by 9 week scan!

Thats weird my ob didnt say anything about pelvic rest she acted as if it wasnt an issue so thats what worried me

Pelvic Rest is very often recommended. With orgasm or arousal your uterus can tense up. The theory is it will aggravate the SCH.

Oh great. Dh and i have dtd once since but havent had any bleeding or cramping. :(

I wouldn't worry if your dr didn't mention it. I'm on pelvic rest through the first tri because of recurrent pregnancy loss. She just made sure to reiterate it. Your dr would have mentioned if she was wanting you to be on pelvic rest. If it makes you more comfy just hold off until you see the dr again!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->