• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Had my scan. Good news and bad news.

RaeRae

Mum of 2!!
Reaction score
Ok well I had my scan this morning and I'm measuring 10w 1d. I saw our little baby wriggling around and it's heart was beating away very nicely.

The only thing she said was that the baby is showing a physiological hernia. Has anyone else heard of this? I've read that they tend to go down during the 10th week so they're scanning me again in 4 weeks to check it but it was noted that it's there and they need to keep an eye on it. Other than that it was fine but I don't know what to think really.

07042009381.jpg

Hi RaeRae!

So pleased to hear that bean is doing ok! I've not heard of what you asked about, but it's good that they are monitoring you, and if bean is doing well then that's all that matters!

:hug:

Oh glad it went well but have never heard of the hernia thing but take comfort in all was well in the scan and you saw baby wriggling round :)

Oh huni im so glad little one is ok, im sure everything will right itself xxx

did u get a pic?

I'm glad that your little bean is doing well and you got to meet him/her!! I've never heard of a physiological hernia either, but good news that they expect it will probably resolve itself and will keep an eye on it. Really happy for you that you got your scan, can't wait to see pics!!

Love the picture, cute little arms and legs wriggling away!!

It was very wriggly. The woman doing the scan said it looked very comfy in there. It was gorgeous to see the little heart beating and stuff. Just hoping it all works out.

It was very wriggly. The woman doing the scan said it looked very comfy in there. It was gorgeous to see the little heart beating and stuff. Just hoping it all works out.

Aww, that's brilliant, hope my little bean is comfy too! Can't wait till my scan - another 3 weeks tomorrow. :hissy:

Hi sweetie, congrats on the scan piccie - soooo cute!

Physiological hernia - nothing specific came up wheni googled hun but you could always ask your doctor to be less vague. Is it an umbilical cord condition? These are very common if so and he is right, also tend to correct themselves.

:)

I've just found a good bit of info on physiological hernias. It says

During it's development, the midgut rotates and grows to such an extent that it can no longer be contained in the abdominal cavity. Room is temporarily found within the umbilical cord, which forms a physiological hernia of the midgut. This is visable during the 9th week of pregnancy as a widening of the visably pulsating umbilical cord close to its abdominal insertion. The hernia persists until the end of the 12th week, when the capacity of the abdomen had increased substantially, which allows the intestine to slide back.

So hopefully when I go back for my 14 weeks scan it will have corrected itself.

See, a bit of googling can set the mind at rest! I get told off for doing it all the time!

Good luck sweets, cant wait to hear the news on your 14 week scan too :)

of course it will work out. have some PMA :hugs:

:hug::hug::hug:
seeeeeeeee what have we been telling you!!!!!!!

glad all is well and i cried when i saw your post-cried with relief for you!!:cloud9:

so get back on that PMA bus lady!!!

:hug::hug:

Hi RaeRae, lovely to see your little one! Fingers crossed the next scan shows the hernia has gone down. Mork xx

Aww that is fantastic, i am so pleased for you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"